Bcl-2 antibody | 100
Filter by Application:P WB Reset
|Mouse anti Human Bcl-2 antibody, clone 100 recognizes the human Apoptosis regulator Bcl-2 oncoprotein, a 239 amino acid ~25kDa integral single pass membrane protein containing 4 BH motifs which lies within the cell rather than on the cell surface. The protein is localised in the outer mitochondrial membrane and plays a role in the inhibition of apoptosis.
Mouse anti Human Bcl-2, clone 100 reacts with small B lymphocytes in the mantle zone and many cells within T cell areas. Very few cells in germinal centres are stained. In the thymus many cells in the medulla are stained but the cortex shows weak or negative staining. In non-haematopoietic tissues few cells are stained (Krajewski et al. 1995). Mouse anti Human Bcl-2 antibody, clone 100 reacts with neoplastic cells of follicular lymphoma and anaplastic large cell lymphoma (Reed 1997).
Mouse anti human Bcl-2, clone 100 has been successfully used to demonstrate Bcl-2 in formalin fixed, paraffin embedded tissues of radioresistant squamous cell carcinoma by immunohistochemistry (Condon et al. 2002).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Carrier Free
- Synthetic peptide, amino acids 41-54 of the Bcl-2 protein
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Flow Cytometry 1||1/50||1/100|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||1/20||1/40|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 2||1/20||1/40|
- 1 Membrane permeabilisation is required for this application. Bio-Rad recommends the use of Leucoperm™ (Product Code BUF09) for this purpose.
- 2 This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human tonsil
Pezzella, F. et al. (1990) Expression of the bcl-2 oncogene protein is not specific for the 14;18 chromosomal translocation.
Am J Pathol. 137 (2): 225-32.
References for Bcl-2 antibody
Tsujimoto, Y. & Croce, C.M. (1986) Analysis of the structure, transcripts, and protein products of bcl-2, the gene involved in human follicular lymphoma.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 83 (14): 5214-8.
Cleary, M.L. et al. (1986) Cloning and structural analysis of cDNAs for bcl-2 and a hybrid bcl-2/immunoglobulin transcript resulting from the t(14;18) translocation.
Cell. 47: 19-28.
Hockenbery, D. et al. (1990) Bcl-2 is an inner mitochondrial membrane protein that blocks programmed cell death.
Nature. 348 (6299): 334-6.
Chylicki, K. et al. (2000) Characterization of the molecular mechanisms for p53-mediated differentiation.
Cell Growth Differ. 11: 561-71.
Shenker, B.J. ,i>et al. (2001) Induction of apoptosis in human T cells by Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans cytolethal distending toxin is a consequence of G2 arrest of the cell cycle.
J Immunol. 167: 435-41.
Iannone, F. et al. (2005) Increased Bcl-2/p53 ratio in human osteoarthritic cartilage: a possible role in regulation of chondrocyte metabolism.
Ann Rheum Dis. 64: 217-21.
Iscache, A.L. et al. (2011) Effects of BCL-2 over-expression on B cells in transgenic rats and rat hybridomas.
Int Immunol. 23 (10): 625-36.
Valgimigli, M. et al. (2003) Serum from patients with acute coronary syndromes displays a proapoptotic effect on human endothelial cells: a possible link to pan-coronary syndromes.
Circulation. 107: 264-70.
View The Latest Product References
Berrieman, H.K. et al. (2005) The expression of Bcl-2 family proteins differs between nonsmall cell lung carcinoma subtypes.
Cancer. 103: 1415-9.
Fimognari, C. et al. (2002) Growth inhibition, cell-cycle arrest and apoptosis in human T-cell leukemia by the isothiocyanate sulforaphane.
Carcinogenesis. 23: 581-6.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000209 protein polyubiquitination
- GO:0001836 release of cytochrome c from mitochondria
- GO:0002020 protease binding
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005741 mitochondrial outer membrane
- GO:0005789 endoplasmic reticulum membrane
- GO:0006916 anti-apoptosis
- GO:0006959 humoral immune response
- GO:0006974 response to DNA damage stimulus
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0007565 female pregnancy
- GO:0008629 induction of apoptosis by intracellular signals
- GO:0008633 activation of pro-apoptotic gene products
- GO:0042493 response to drug
- GO:0009636 response to toxin
- GO:0010039 response to iron ion
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0030307 positive regulation of cell growth
- GO:0030890 positive regulation of B cell proliferation
- GO:0031965 nuclear membrane
- GO:0032848 negative regulation of cellular pH reduction
- GO:0034097 response to cytokine stimulus
- GO:0035094 response to nicotine
- GO:0042100 B cell proliferation
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0043496 regulation of protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0043497 regulation of protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0043524 negative regulation of neuron apoptosis
- GO:0043565 sequence-specific DNA binding
- GO:0046902 regulation of mitochondrial membrane permeability
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0050853 B cell receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0051402 neuron apoptosis
- GO:0051434 BH3 domain binding
- GO:0051607 defense response to virus
- GO:0051881 regulation of mitochondrial membrane potential
- GO:0051902 negative regulation of mitochondrial depolarization
- GO:0070059 apoptosis in response to endoplasmic reticulum stress
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up