CD14 antibody | VPM66
CD14 acts as a receptor for the potent bacterial endotoxin, lipopolysaccharide (LPS), facilitated by LPS-binding protein. The binding of LPS to CD14 results in cell activation, the release of cytokines and the inflammatory response, and has been shown to upregulate the cell surface expression of adhesion molecules.
Clone VPM66 has been shown to recognise CD14 in other domestic ruminant species including Water Buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) (Vimos et. al. 1996) and domestic cattle (Hopkins et. al. 1996). In addition to clone VPM66, clones VPM65 and VPM67 are also available.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Bovine Water Buffalo
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Ovine macrophages.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse NSO myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0031225 anchored to membrane
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD14 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells or cells or 100ul whole blood.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse anti Sheep CD25:FITC||MCA2218F||F||0.1 mg|
|Mouse anti Sheep CD25||MCA2218GA||C F IP||0.1 mg|
|Mouse anti Sheep CD45||MCA2220GA||C F IP P||0.1 mg|
|Mouse anti Sheep CD45:RPE||MCA2220PE||F||100 Tests|
|Mouse anti Sheep CD45||MCA896GA||C F IP||0.1 mg|
Product Specific References
References for CD14 antibody
Akesson, C.P. et al. (2008) Phenotypic characterisation of intestinal dendritic cells in sheep.
Dev Comp Immunol. 32 (7): 837-49.
Gupta, V.K. et al. (1996) Identification of the sheep homologue of the monocyte cell surface molecule--CD14.
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 51 (1-2): 89-99.
Vilmos, P. et al. (1996) Phylogenetically conserved epitopes of leukocyte antigens.
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 52 (4): 415-26.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra