CD4 antibody | OX-38
Clone OX-38 competes for binding with Mouse anti Rat CD4 antibody, clone W3/25 (MCA55R).
Mouse anti Rat CD4 (Domain 1) antibody, clone OX-38 has been utilized successfully for the in vitro depletion of T helper cells from slice cultures in studies looking at myelin loss in multiple sclerosis, the observed disruption being abrogated in these experimental conditions by T-cell depletion (Pusic et al. 2015).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Carrier Free
- MLR generated rat T cells.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised mice were fused with cells of the mouse NS1 myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0019901 protein kinase binding
- GO:0045058 T cell selection
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD4 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse IgG2a Negative Control||MCA1210||F||100 Tests|
Product Specific References
References for CD4 antibody
Jefferies, W.A. et al. (1985) Authentic T helper CD4 (W3/25) antigen on rat peritoneal macrophages.
J Exp Med. 162 (1): 117-27.
Barclay, A.N. (1981) The localization of populations of lymphocytes defined by monoclonal antibodies in rat lymphoid tissues.
Immunology. 42 (4): 593-600.
Thomas, M.L. & Green, J.R. (1983) Molecular nature of the W3/25 and MRC OX-8 marker antigens for rat T lymphocytes: comparisons with mouse and human antigens.
Eur J Immunol. 13 (10): 855-8.
Hall, B.M. et al. (1998) Anti-CD4 monoclonal antibody-induced tolerance to MHC-incompatible cardiac allografts maintained by CD4+ suppressor T cells that are not dependent upon IL-4.
J Immunol. 161 (10): 5147-56.
Kitazawa, Y.et al. (2015) A novel multicolor immunostaining method using ethynyl deoxyuridine for analysis of in situ immunoproliferative response.
Histochem Cell Biol. 144 (3): 195-208.
Pusic, A.D. et al. (2015) Spreading depression transiently disrupts myelin via interferon-gamma signaling.
Exp Neurol. 264: 43-54.
Ueta, H. et al. (2018) Single blood transfusion induces the production of donor-specific alloantibodies and regulatory T cells mainly in the spleen.
Int Immunol. 30 (2): 53-67.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra