IgE antibody | 7H2
IgE is an immunoglobulin primarily produced from plasma cells and, in normal serum, present at very low concentrations. Western blot analysis against affinity purified equine IgE using Mouse anti Horse IgE clone 7H2 demonstrates a single major band of approximately 200 kDa under non-reducing conditions that corresponds with the expected molecular weight of the complete equine IgE molecule (Wilson, D.A. et al. 2006).
IgE is important in both type 1 hypersensitivity and immunity to parasite infections, in particular parasitic worms where equine IgE levels are significantly elevated following worm infection.
Monoclonal antibodies to equine IgE are of particular relevance to research into insect bite sensitivity, one of the most widely studied allergic diseases in equid species (Schaffartzik, A., et al. 2012).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Equine IgE
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the P3X myeloma cell line
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- For research purposes only
Applications of IgE antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1|
|Western Blotting 2|
- 1 This antibody is demonstrated to work in formalin fixed tissue when using trypsin digestion pre-treatment of paraffin sections. Testing undertaken utilizing heat mediated antigen retrieval techniques with this antibody have not been successful.
- 2 Non-reducing conditions are recommended
- This product may be used in an indirect ELISA or as a capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA together with MCA5982P as the detection reagent.
- Western Blotting
- Clone 7H2 has been demonstrated to detect a band of approximately 200 kDa in non-reducing conditions. This clone is not suitable for use in western blotting under reducing conditions. For western blotting applications it is recommended to use clone 3H10 MCA5982GA.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse anti Horse IgGb||MCA1901GA||E||0.1 mg|
|Mouse anti Horse IgE||MCA5982GA||C E WB||0.1 mg|
|Mouse anti Horse IgE:HRP||MCA5982P||E||0.1 mg|
|Mouse anti Horse IgA||MCA629GA||E||0.1 mg|
Product Specific References
References for IgE antibody
Wilson, D. A. et al. (2006) Production of monoclonal antibodies specific for native equine IgE and their application to monitor total serum IgE responses in Icelandic and non-Icelandic horses with insect bite dermal hypersensitivity.
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 112: 156-70.
Schaffartzik, A.et al. (2012) Equine insect bite hypersensitivity: what do we know?
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 147: 113-26