IL-4 antibody | CC313
Filter by Application:E IF FLA Reset
Mouse anti Bovine Interleukin-4
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Bovine interleukin-4, clone CC313 is specific for bovine interleukin 4 (IL-4), also known as B-cell stimulatory factor 1. Bovine interleukin-4 is a 15 kDa, 135 amino acid peptide which is processed to a mature secreted form with the cleavage of a 24 amino acid, N-terminal signal peptide resulting in a 12.6 kDa active cytokine, the apparent MW may be altered by glycosylation (Heussler et al. 1992).
IL-4 is expressed by a range of cells including T and B cells, macrophages and monocytes. It plays an important role in the regulation of bovine T and B cell responses.
Mouse anti Bovine interleukin-4, clone CC313 has been used successfully as a coating antibody in a sandwich ELISA with biotinylated Mouse anti Bovine IL-4 antibody, clone CC314 (MCA2372B) as a detection reagent both with bovine (Stabel et al. 2011) and ovine samples (Olivier et al. 2012). Clones CC313 and CC314 have been used in the reverse configuration for the measurement of interleukin-4 in caprine samples (Marinaro et al. 2012).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Sheep Goat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% sodium azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant bovine IL-4.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells form immunized BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the SP2/0 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10μl of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100μl
- Mouse anti Bovine interleukin-4 antibody, clone CC313 may be used as a capture antibody in sandwich ELISA assays for bovine IL-4 in combination with MCA2372B as a detection reagent, and recombinant bovine IL-4 (PBP006) as a standard.
References for IL-4 antibody
Hope, J.C. et al. (2005) Development of detection methods for ruminant interleukin (IL)-4.
J Immunol Methods. 301 (1-2): 114-23.
Abbott, J.R. et al. (2005) Rapid and long-term disappearance of CD4+ T lymphocyte responses specific for Anaplasma marginale major surface protein-2 (MSP2) in MSP2 vaccinates following challenge with live A. marginale.
J Immunol. 174 (11): 6702-15.
Sipka, A. et al. (2013) Prednisolone and cefapirin act synergistically in resolving experimental Escherichia coli mastitis
J Dairy Sci. 96: 4406-18.
Stabel, J.R. et al. (2013) Disparate Host Immunity to Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis Antigens in Calves Inoculated with M. avium subsp. paratuberculosis, M. avium subsp. avium, M. kansasii and M. bovis.
Clin Vaccine Immunol. 20: 848-57.
Stabel, J.R. et al. (2011) Mediation of host immune responses after immunization of neonatal calves with a heat-killed Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis vaccine.
Clin Vaccine Immunol. 18: 2079-89.
Dacal, V. et al. (2009) Local and systemic cytokine responses during larval penetration in cattle experimentally infested with Hypoderma lineatum (Diptera: Oestridae).
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 131: 59-64.
Olivier, M. et al. (2012) Capacities of migrating CD1b+ lymph dendritic cells to present Salmonella antigens to naive T cells.
PLoS One. 7: e30430.
Marinaro, M. et al. (2012) Antigen-specific IFN-gamma and IL-4 production in caprine herpesvirus infected goats.
Res Vet Sci. 93: 662-7.
View The Latest Product References
Panadero, R. et al. (2009) Immunomodulatory effect of Hypoderma lineatum antigens: in vitro effect on bovine lymphocyte proliferation and cytokine production.
Parasite Immunol. 31: 72-7.
Redondo, E. et al. (2014) Induction of interleukin-8 and interleukin-12 in neonatal ovine lung following experimental inoculation of bovine respiratory syncytial virus.
J Comp Pathol. 150 (4): 434-48.
Cassady-Cain, R.L. et al. (2017) Inhibition of Antigen-Specific and Nonspecific Stimulation of Bovine T and B Cells by Lymphostatin from Attaching and Effacing Escherichia coli.
Infect Immun. 85 (2): pii: e00845-16. [Epub ahead of print]
Liravi, B. et al. (2015) Dynamics of IL-4 and IL-13 expression in the airways of sheep following allergen challenge.
BMC Pulm Med. 15: 101.
Rodrigues, V. et al. (2017) Development of a bead-based multiplexed assay for simultaneous quantification of five bovine cytokines by flow cytometry.
Cytometry A. 91 (9): 901-7.
Stabel, J.R. et al. (2021) Comparative cellular immune responses in calves after infection with Mycobacterium avium. subsp. paratuberculosis., M. avium. subsp. avium., M. kansasii. and M. bovis..
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 237: 110268.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005136 interleukin-4 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0030890 positive regulation of B cell proliferation
- GO:0042113 B cell activation
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0045348 positive regulation of MHC class II biosynthetic process
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0045671 negative regulation of osteoclast differentiation
- GO:0045944 positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0048295 positive regulation of isotype switching to IgE isotypes
- GO:0048304 positive regulation of isotype switching to IgG isotypes
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up