Mouse anti bovine interleukin-4 antibody, clone CC314 recognizes bovine intetleukin-4 (IL-4), also known as B-cell stimulatory factor 1. IL-4 is expressed by a range of cells including T and B cells, macrophages and monocytes. It plays an important role in the regulation of bovine T and B cell responses. Bovine interleukin-4 is a 15 kDa, 135 amino acid peptide which is processed to a mature secreted form with the cleavage of a 24 amino acid, N-terminal signal peptide resulting in a 12.6 kDa active cytokine, the apparent Mw may be altered by glycosylation (Heussler et al. 1992).
IL-4 is expressed by a range of cells including T and B cells, macrophages and monocytes. It plays an important role in the regulation of bovine T and B cell responses.
Mouse anti Bovine interleukin-4, clone CC314 has been used successfully as a detection antibody in a sandwich ELISA with Mouse anti Bovine IL-4 antibody, clone CC313 (MCA2371) as a coating reagent both with bovine (Stabel et al. 2011) and ovine samples (Olivier et al. 2012). Clones CC313 and CC314 have been used in the reverse configuration for the measurement of interleukin-4 in caprine samples (Marinaro et al. 2012).
N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
Purified IgG conjugated to Biotin - liquid
Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
Bovine Serum Albumin
Recombinant bovine IL-4.
Approx. Protein Concentrations
IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
Reagents In The Kit
Preparing The Antibody
Phosphate buffered saline
Spleen cells form immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the SP2/0 myeloma cell line.
Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
This biotin conjugate may be used as detection reagent in sandwich ELISA assays for bovine IL-4 with MCA2371 as capture reagent, and recombinant bovine IL-4 (PBP006) as a standard.
2. Abbott JR et al. (2005) Rapid and long-term disappearance of CD4+ T lymphocyte responses specific for Anaplasma marginale major surface protein-2 (MSP2) in MSP2 vaccinates following challenge with live A. marginale.J Immunol. 174 (11): 6702-15.
3. Stabel JR et al. (2013) Disparate Host Immunity to Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis Antigens in Calves Inoculated with M. avium subsp. paratuberculosis, M. avium subsp. avium, M. kansasii and M. bovis.Clin Vaccine Immunol. 20 (6): 848-57.
4. Stabel, J.R. et al. (2011) Mediation of host immune responses after immunization of neonatal calves with a heat-killed Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis vaccine.Clin Vaccine Immunol. 18: 2079-89.
5. Marinaro, M. et al. (2012) Antigen-specific IFN-gamma and IL-4 production in caprine herpesvirus infected goats.Res Vet Sci. 93: 662-7.
6. Olivier, M. et al. (2012) Capacities of migrating CD1b+ lymph dendritic cells to present Salmonella antigens to naive T cells.PLoS One. 7: e30430.