Huntingtin antibody | HDC8A4
Filter by Application:WB IF IP Reset
|Mouse anti Huntingtin antibody, clone HDC8A4 reacts with an epitope corresponding to the HDC region (2703 - 2911 amino acids) of the huntingtin protein.
Mouse anti Huntingtin antibody, clone HDC8A4 detects a ~350 kDa band on western blots but also detects smaller degradation products of huntingtin. Clone HDC8A4 recognizes both denatured and native huntingtin in human brain.
The combined use of Mouse anti Huntingtin antibody, clone HDC8A4 (MCA2051) and HDB4E10 (MCA2050) demonstrate that huntingtin is enriched in neuronal cells in the brain.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rabbit Human
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 2703 - 2911 of huntingtin.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen 1|
- 1Increased cytoplasmic staining, relative to nuclear, has been reported using formaldehyde as a fixative compared with acetone/methanol, see Wilkinson et al.
References for Huntingtin antibody
Wilkinson, F. L. et al. (1999) Localization of rabbit huntingtin using a new panel of monoclonal antibodies.
Molecular Brain Research. 69: 10-20.
Yao Y et al. (2015) A striatal-enriched intronic GPCR modulates huntingtin levels and toxicity.
Elife. 4: 4.
Jones, A.L. (1999) The localization and interactions of huntingtin.
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 354 (1386): 1021-7.
Lazzeroni G et al. (2013) A phenotypic screening assay for modulators of huntingtin-induced transcriptional dysregulation.
J Biomol Screen. 18 (9): 984-96.
Li X et al. (2008) A function of huntingtin in guanine nucleotide exchange on Rab11.
Neuroreport. 19 (16): 1643-7.
McClory, H. et al. (2018) The COOH-terminal domain of huntingtin interacts with RhoGEF kalirin and modulates cell survival.
Sci Rep. 8 (1): 8000.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000132 establishment of mitotic spindle orientation
- GO:0002039 p53 binding
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005783 endoplasmic reticulum
- GO:0005624 membrane fraction
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005770 late endosome
- GO:0005776 autophagic vacuole
- GO:0005794 Golgi apparatus
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0006890 retrograde vesicle-mediated transport, Golgi to ER
- GO:0007030 Golgi organization
- GO:0030424 axon
- GO:0030425 dendrite
- GO:0030659 cytoplasmic vesicle membrane
- GO:0034452 dynactin binding
- GO:0043234 protein complex
- GO:0045505 dynein intermediate chain binding
- GO:0047496 vesicle transport along microtubule
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up