Perforin antibody | dG9
Filter by Application:F Reset
Mouse anti Human Perforin
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Human perforin, clone dG9 recognizes perforin a 60-70 kDa glycoprotein largely expressed in CD8+ cytotoxin T lymphocytes and Natural Killer cells. It aids in defense against virus-infected or neoplastic cells by inducing apoptosis. Perforin achieves this by inserting a portion of its C-terminus region into the lipid membrane of the target in a calcium dependent manner. Subsequent polymerization with other perforin molecules forms a pore in the membrane. These pores allow the free influx and efflux of ions and proteins though the cell membrane. This disruption to homeostasis results in tonic shock which can ultimately lead to apoptosis and DNA degradation (Osinska et al. 2014).
Genetic abnormalities to the perforin gene have been shown to be linked to abnormal immune system functioning, the development of immune diseases as well as lymphomas and leukemias (Osinska et al. 2014).
This clone dG9 has been used in flow cytometry experiments to examine intracellular perforin in tumour specific CD8+ T cells incubated with autologous primary breast cancer cells and Tregs (Su et al. 2017).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Bovine Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified granules from human YT lymphoma cell line
- >95% by SDS PAGE
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed for 12 months from the date of despatch or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
This product should be stored undiluted.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Flow Cytometry 1|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
- 1 Membrane permeabilization is required for this application. The use of Leucoperm (Product Code BUF09) is recommended for this purpose.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0002357 defense response to tumor cell
- GO:0002418 immune response to tumor cell
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0006968 cellular defense response
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0019835 cytolysis
- GO:0022829 wide pore channel activity
- GO:0031904 endosome lumen
- GO:0051260 protein homooligomerization
- GO:0044194 cytolytic granule
- GO:0051607 defense response to virus
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up