Mouse anti Human beta 2 microglobulin antibody, clone 2213
recognizes native human beta 2 microglobulin, a 119 amino acid component of MHC class I molecules present on all nucleated cells, containing a single Ig-like C1 type
domain, Levels of beta 2 microglobulin can be used to assess renal function in kidney transplant recipients (Woo et al. 2014
). Also known as B2M, it has been suggested that this protein can be used as a prognostic marker for HIV infection (Halota et al. 2002
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
|0.05%||Sodium Azide (NaN3)|
- Highly pure beta 2 microglobulin from human urine.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.1 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the murine NS-1 myeloma.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
antigen processing and presentation of peptide antigen via MHC class I
MHC class I protein complex
early endosome membrane
regulation of defense response to virus by virus
interferon-gamma-mediated signaling pathway
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Beta 2 Microglobulin antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra