Mouse anti V5-Tag antibody, clone SV5-Pk2 recognizes a small epitope, termed Pk, present on the P/V proteins of the paramyxovirus, SV5. Mouse anti V5-Tag antibody, clone SV5-Pk2 has been used to detect recombinant proteins, some of which include transmembrane and secreted proteins, which have been tagged with this epitope. Usually, a 14 amino acid tag has been added to the recombinant proteins, although a smaller epitope of 9 amino acids (that as a peptide inhibit the binding of the monoclonal antibody to its native protein) has also been successfully used. The 14 amino acid epitope is; gly lys pro ile pro asn pro leu leu gly leu asp ser thr. (The 9 amino acid epitope is underlined).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Carrier Free
- A recombinant peptide corresponding to the PK tag fused to a class II - restricted T helper cell epitope.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the SP2/0 Ag14 myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- This product is manufactued under an exclusive license from the University of St. Andrews, UK.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of V5-Tag antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for V5-Tag antibody
Dunn, C. et al. (1999) Fine mapping of the binding sites of monoclonal antibodies raised against the Pk tag.
J Immunol Methods. 224 (1-2): 141-50.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra