Somatostatin Receptor 3 antibody | sstr3
|Mouse anti Human Somatostatin Receptor 3 antibody, clone sstr3 recognizes human somatostatin receptor 3. Somatostatin (SST) is a peptide hormone with wide ranging inhibitory effects on hormone secretion and cell proliferation. It is produced as a large preproSST precursor molecule that is cleaved to yield one of two active forms of the peptide: a 14 amino acid peptide (SST-14), or a 28 amino acid peptide (SST-28). The inhibitory effects of SST on hormone release and cell growth have made them candidates for the treatment of cancer and neuroendocrine disorders. Natural SSTs have very short half-lives, which led to the development of more stable synthetic derivatives, such as octreotide and lanreotide, both in common clinical use.
The effects of SST are mediated via five distinct SST receptors (SSTRs). The receptors have similar affinities for natural SST-14 and SST-28, but there are marked differences in affinities towards the synthetic analogues. Somatostatin receptors are expressed by various tissues, notably neuronal, endocrine, gastrointestinal and immune cells, as well as certain tumours, with tumours often expressing more than one subtype in different combinations.
Mouse anti Human Somatostatin Receptor 3 antibody, clone sstr3 does not recognize any of the other SSTR subtypes. Bio-Rad also has antibodies to SSTR subtypes 1, 4 and 5 (MCA5924, MCA5922, MCA5923) available.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antibody purified from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Synthetic peptide, sequence CTQPTSGQERPPSRVAS.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human breast cancer
References for Somatostatin Receptor 3 antibody
Schmid, H.A. et al. (2012) Monoclonal antibodies against the human somatostatin receptor subtypes 1-5: development and immunohistochemical application in neuroendocrine tumors.
Neuroendocrinology. 95 (3): 232-47.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004994 somatostatin receptor activity
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0007187 G-protein signaling, coupled to cyclic nucleotide second messenger
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0008628 induction of apoptosis by hormones
- GO:0031513 nonmotile primary cilium
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up