Somatostatin Receptor 3 antibody | sstr3
The effects of SST are mediated via five distinct SST receptors (SSTRs). The receptors have similar affinities for natural SST-14 and SST-28, but there are marked differences in affinities towards the synthetic analogues. Somatostatin receptors are expressed by various tissues, notably neuronal, endocrine, gastrointestinal and immune cells, as well as certain tumours, with tumours often expressing more than one subtype in different combinations.
Mouse anti Human Somatostatin Receptor 3 antibody, clone sstr3 does not recognize any of the other SSTR subtypes. Bio-Rad also has antibodies to SSTR subtypes 1, 4 and 5 (MCA5924, MCA5922, MCA5923) available.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Synthetic peptide, sequence CTQPTSGQERPPSRVAS.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004994 somatostatin receptor activity
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0007187 G-protein signaling, coupled to cyclic nucleotide second messenger
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0008628 induction of apoptosis by hormones
- GO:0031513 nonmotile primary cilium
- For research purposes only
Applications of Somatostatin Receptor 3 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human breast cancer
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Somatostatin Receptor 3 antibody
Schmid, H.A. et al. (2012) Monoclonal antibodies against the human somatostatin receptor subtypes 1-5: development and immunohistochemical application in neuroendocrine tumors.
Neuroendocrinology. 95 (3): 232-47.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra