Somatostatin Receptor 3 antibody | sstr3
The effects of SST are mediated via five distinct SST receptors (SSTRs). The receptors have similar affinities for natural SST-14 and SST-28, but there are marked differences in affinities towards the synthetic analogues. Somatostatin receptors are expressed by various tissues, notably neuronal, endocrine, gastrointestinal and immune cells, as well as certain tumours, with tumours often expressing more than one subtype in different combinations.
Mouse anti Human Somatostatin Receptor 3 antibody, clone sstr3 does not recognize any of the other SSTR subtypes. Bio-Rad also has antibodies to SSTR subtypes 1, 4 and 5 (MCA5924, MCA5922, MCA5923) available.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Synthetic peptide, sequence CTQPTSGQERPPSRVAS.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P32745 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- SSTR3 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0004994 somatostatin receptor activity
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0007187 G-protein signaling, coupled to cyclic nucleotide second messenger
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0008628 induction of apoptosis by hormones
- GO:0031513 nonmotile primary cilium
- For research purposes only
Applications of Somatostatin Receptor 3 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human breast cancer
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Somatostatin Receptor 3 antibody
Schmid, H.A. et al. (2012) Monoclonal antibodies against the human somatostatin receptor subtypes 1-5: development and immunohistochemical application in neuroendocrine tumors.
Neuroendocrinology. 95 (3): 232-47.