Protein Gene Product 9.5 antibody | BH7
Filter by Application:IF WB Reset
|Mouse anti Human protein gene product 9.5 monoclonal antibody, clone BH7 recognizes protein gene product 9.5 (PGP9.5) also known as ubiquitin C terminal hydrolase 1 (UCH-L1). UCH-L1 is a thiol protease that recognises and hydrolyses a peptide bond at the C-terminal glycine of ubiquitin. This protein is closely related to UCH-L3 and both are thought to recycle ubiquitin to maintain pools of monomeric ubiquitin necessary for proteolysis. UCH-L1 is expressed in neurons and cells of the diffuse neuroendocrine system and their tumours.
UCH-L1 and UCH-L3 have been shown to have separate and overlapping functions in the maintanence of neurons of the gracile tract, nucleus tractus solitarius (NTS) and area postrema (Kurihara et al. 2001) .
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mammals Expected from Sequence Mouse Rat Bovine
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.03% Sodium Azide 50% Glycerol
- Recombinant full length human PGP9.5 purified from E.coli.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- Clone BH7 detects a band of approximately 24 kDa in rat hippocampal lysate
References for Protein Gene Product 9.5 antibody
Peyrot des Gachons, C. et al. (2011) Unusual pungency from extra-virgin olive oil is attributable to restricted spatial expression of the receptor of oleocanthal.
J Neurosci. 31: 999-1009.
Yuan, H. et al. (2022) Primary culture of germ cells that portray stem cell characteristics and recipient preparation for autologous transplantation in the rhesus monkey.
J Cell Mol Med. 26 (5): 1567-78.
- PGP 9.5
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0004197 cysteine-type endopeptidase activity
- GO:0004221 ubiquitin thiolesterase activity
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0006511 ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- GO:0008242 omega peptidase activity
- GO:0016579 protein deubiquitination
- GO:0016874 ligase activity
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0031694 alpha-2A adrenergic receptor binding
- GO:0043130 ubiquitin binding
- GO:0043407 negative regulation of MAP kinase activity
- GO:0008234 cysteine-type peptidase activity
- GO:0019233 sensory perception of pain
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0006950 response to stress
- GO:0007412 axon target recognition
- GO:0007628 adult walking behavior
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- GO:0019896 axon transport of mitochondrion
- GO:0030424 axon
- GO:0042755 eating behavior
- GO:0043025 neuronal cell body
- GO:0050905 neuromuscular process
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up