POLR3A antibody | AB01/1E10
Filter by Application:WB Reset
Mouse anti Human POLR3A
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Human POLR3A antibody recognizes POLR3A, otherwise known as DNA-directed RNA polymerase III largest subunit, DNA-directed RNA polymerase III subunit A, RNA polymerase III 155kDa subunit and RNA polymerase III subunit C160.
DNA-directed RNA polymerase is responsible for catalyzing the transcription of DNA into RNA via the four ribonucleoside triphosphates as substrates. It constitutes the largest and catalytic core of RNA polymerase III and transcribes small RNAs such as 5S rRNA and tRNAs; molecules essential for the normal functioning and survival of cells (Dieci et al. 2007). This protein plays a critical role in detecting and controlling infection by intracellular bacteria and DNA viruses. It also acts as a non-self double stranded DNA sensor in the innate immune response. Synthesis of non–self DNA into RNA leads to type I interferon production via the RIG-1 pathway (Chiu et al. 2009). Mutations in the POLR3A gene have been linked to a cluster of inherited neurodegenerative disorders called Hypomyelinating Leukodystrophy (Bernard et al. 2011). Furthermore, studies show the possible connection of the mutated POLR3A gene to autoimmune diseases such as Scleroerma.
Mouse anti Human POLR3A antibody detects a band of 157 kDa.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti Human POLR3A antibody detects a band of 157 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli-derived recombinant protein, aa 600-996 of human POLR3A
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0009615 response to virus
- GO:0003899 DNA-directed RNA polymerase activity
- GO:0005666 DNA-directed RNA polymerase III complex
- GO:0006385 transcription elongation from RNA polymerase III promoter
- GO:0006386 termination of RNA polymerase III transcription
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0032549 ribonucleoside binding
- GO:0032728 positive regulation of interferon-beta production
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up