Lysozyme antibody | BGN/0696/5B1
Mouse anti Human Lysozyme antibody, clone BGN/0696/5B1 recognizes lysozyme, an enzyme that is present in mucosal secretions such as saliva and tears and is involved with non-specific organism defence. It functions by hydrolyzing 1,2-beta linkages between N-acetylmuramic acid and N-acetyl-D-glucosamine residues such as those found in the walls of various Gram-positive bacteria.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Native, from urine.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P61626 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- LYZ Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003796 lysozyme activity
- GO:0042742 defense response to bacterium
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0019835 cytolysis
- GO:0016998 cell wall macromolecule catabolic process
- For research purposes only
Applications of Lysozyme antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Flow Cytometry 1||1/10|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 2|
- 1Membrane permeabilization is required for this application. Bio-Rad recommends the use of Leucoperm (BUF09) for this purpose.
- 2This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human Tonsil
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse IgG2a Negative Control||MCA929||100 Tests||F|