Cytochrome B245 antibody | NL7
Filter by Application:F IF Reset
|Mouse anti Human Cytochrome B245 Heavy Chain antibody, clone NL7 recognizes the heavy chain of cytochrome B245, also known as gp91phox or NOX2, a subunit of the nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate-oxidase (NADPH oxidase). NADPH oxidase is a membrane-bound enzyme complex in neutrophils that produces the superoxide anion (O2-) by transferring single electrons from NADPH inside the cell across the membrane and coupling them to molecular oxygen. Superoxide is used for the destruction of pathogens. Individuals with defects in NADPH oxidase suffer from chronic granulomatous disease, characterised by severe recurrent infections.
The heavy chain (gp91phox), along with the light chain (p22phox) form cytochrome B245 (also known as flavocytochome b, or Cyt b), which is always membrane-resident. Upon the appropriate stimulus, other components of NADPH oxidase (p47phox, p40phox, p67phox and Rac2) rapidly translocate from the cytosol to the cell membrane to form the complete enzyme complex. Cytochrome B245 appears to serve as a scaffold for the assembly of the other cytosolic units of the oxidase and to provide a transmembrane pathway for electrons.
Mouse anti Human Cytochrome B245 Heavy Chain antibody, clone NL7 binds amino acids 498-506 (EKDVITGLK), a cytosolic epitope on gp91phox not accessible on intact neutrophils. It recognizes the native as well as the denatured form of the protein. Clone NL7 has an inhibitory effect on NADPH oxidase activation. Research indicates that this inhibitory effect is exerted during the initial stages of oxidase activation. The antibody does not interfere with the translocation of the cytosolic subunits of NADPH oxidase to the cell membrane.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- MCA4685: Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant.
- MCA4685GA: Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- Carrier Free
- Cytochrome B245 solubilised in octyl-beta-glucopyranoside.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml.
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c were fused with cells of the 3PU1 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Flow Cytometry 1||1/25||1/200|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
- 1 Membrane permeabilization is required for this application. The use of Leucoperm (Product Code BUF09) is recommended for this purpose.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti Human cytochrome B245 heavy chain antibody, clone NL7 detects a broad band of approximately 90kDa.
References for Cytochrome B245 antibody
Burritt, J.B. et al. (2003) Functional epitope on human neutrophil flavocytochrome b558.
J Immunol. 170 (12): 6082-9.
Taylor, R.M. et al. (2004) Site-specific inhibitors of NADPH oxidase activity and structural probes of flavocytochrome b: characterization of six monoclonal antibodies to the p22phox subunit.
J Immunol. 173 (12): 7349-57.
Taylor, R.M. et al. (2007) Cloning, sequence analysis and confirmation of derived gene sequences for three epitope-mapped monoclonal antibodies against human phagocyte flavocytochrome b.
Mol Immunol. 44 (4): 625-37.
Cao, S. (2010) Fc gamma receptors are required for NF-kappaB signaling, microglial activation and dopaminergic neurodegeneration in an AAV-synuclein mouse model of Parkinson's disease.
Mol Neurodegener. 5: 42.
Kovács I et al. (2015) Reactive oxygen species-mediated bacterial killing by B lymphocytes.
J Leukoc Biol. 97 (6): 1133-7.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0009055 electron carrier activity
- GO:0005244 voltage-gated ion channel activity
- GO:0022900 electron transport chain
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0016175 superoxide-generating NADPH oxidase activity
- GO:0020037 heme binding
- GO:0042554 superoxide anion generation
- GO:0043020 NADPH oxidase complex
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0045730 respiratory burst
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0050660 flavin adenine dinucleotide binding
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up