Cytochrome B245 antibody | CS9
Filter by Application:F Reset
|Mouse anti Human Cytochrome B245 Light Chain antibody, clone CS9 recognizes the light chain of cytochrome B245, also known as p22phox, a subunit of the nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate-oxidase (NADPH oxidase). NADPH oxidase is a membrane-bound enzyme complex in neutrophils that produces the superoxide anion (O2-) by transferring single electrons from NADPH inside the cell across the membrane and coupling them to molecular oxygen. Superoxide is used for the destruction of pathogens. Individuals with defects in NADPH oxidase suffer from chronic granulomatous disease, characterised by severe recurrent infections.
The light chain (p22phox), along with the heavy chain (gp91phox) form cytochrome B245 (also known as flavocytochome b, or Cyt b), which is always membrane-resident. Upon the appropriate stimulus, other components of NADPH oxidase (p47phox, p40phox, p67phox and Rac2) rapidly translocate from the cytosol to the cell membrane to form the complete enzyme complex. Cytochrome B245 appears to serve as a scaffold for the assembly of the other cytosolic units of the oxidase and to provide a transmembrane pathway for electrons.
The core region of the CS9 epitope is amino acids 165 - 169 (KKPSE), a cytosolic epitope on p22phox not accessible on intact neutrophils. Mouse anti Human Cytochrome B245 Light Chain antibody, clone CS9 also has an inhibitory effect on NADPH oxidase activation.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- Carrier Free
- Cytochrome B245 solubilised in octyl-beta-gluycopyranoside.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml.
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the 3PU1 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Flow Cytometry 1||1/10||1/100|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
- 1 Membrane permeabilization is required for this application. The use of Leucoperm (Product Code BUF09) is recommended for this purpose.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti Human cytochrome B245 antibody, clone CS9 detects a band of approximately 19kDa in neutrophil membrane extracts.
References for Cytochrome B245 antibody
Taylor, R.M. et al. (2004) Site-specific inhibitors of NADPH oxidase activity and structural probes of flavocytochrome b: characterization of six monoclonal antibodies to the p22phox subunit.
J Immunol. 173 (12): 7349-57.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0009055 electron carrier activity
- GO:0030141 stored secretory granule
- GO:0022900 electron transport chain
- GO:0006810 transport
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0014895 smooth muscle hypertrophy
- GO:0017004 cytochrome complex assembly
- GO:0017124 SH3 domain binding
- GO:0020037 heme binding
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0042554 superoxide anion generation
- GO:0043020 NADPH oxidase complex
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- GO:0045730 respiratory burst
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0050665 hydrogen peroxide biosynthetic process
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up