Cystatin C antibody | B01-8B1
Filter by Application:E Reset
|Mouse anti Human cystatin C antibody, clone B01-8B1, recognizes cystatin C, a small non-glycosylated 13.3 kDa basic cysteine inhibitor and a member of the Cystatin superfamily. Cystatin C is widely expressed in all nucleated cells in the body. It is also secreted from cells into circulation and other biological fluids including urine, seminal fluid, saliva and cerebrospinal fluid (Mussap & Plebani 2004).
Cystatin C specifically inhibits cysteine proteases such as papain, legumain and the cathepsins B, H, K, L and S. Through the regulation of cysteine proteases, it plays a role in various biological processes including immune responses, protein turnover, phatocytosis, antigen presentation and apoptosis (Zi & Xu 2018). When released into the blood, cystatin C is filtered by the glomerous and metabolised by proximal tubular cells. Because of this filtration of cystatin C by the kidneys, this inhibitor is commonly used clinically as a biomarker of kidney function. (Zi & Xu 2018). Within immunological processes, cystatin C regulates proteolytic processing of pro-granzymes, MHC II antigen presentation and maturation of dendritic cells (Pierre & Mellman 1998).
Cystatin C is encoded by the gene CST3 and mutations of this gene are responsible for the heritable disease, cerebral amyloid angiopathy (Jurczak et al. 2016).
The purified Mouse anti Human cystatin C antibody, clone B01-8B1 (MCA6226GA) can be used as a capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA with the biotinylated Mouse anti Human cystatin C antibody, clone E01-8H8 (MCA6227B) as the detection antibody.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- E. coli derived recombinant human full length cystatin C (Ser27-Ala146)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Cell fusion between immunized BALB/c mouse spleen cells and mouse myeloma SP2/0
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001540 beta-amyloid binding
- GO:0002020 protease binding
- GO:0006952 defense response
- GO:0004869 cysteine-type endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0010703 negative regulation of histolysis
- GO:0010711 negative regulation of collagen catabolic process
- GO:0010716 negative regulation of extracellular matrix disassembly
- GO:0043206 fibril organization
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0060311 negative regulation of elastin catabolic process
- GO:0060313 negative regulation of blood vessel remodeling
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up