CD74 antibody | Bu45
Filter by Application:F Reset
Mouse anti Human CD74
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Human CD74 antibody, clone Bu45 recognizes human CD74, a type II transmembrane protein, also known as the MHC class II associated invariant chain. The Bu45 antibody recognizes 33, 35 and 41 kDa isoforms of CD74. The CD74 molecule plays a critical role in the presentation of peptides, by the MHC class II antigens, to CD4 positive lymphocytes.
CD74 is expressed on MHC class II positive cells including B cells, a subset of activated T cells, monocytes, dendritic cells and by various types of carcinoma. Expression of CD74 is primarily intracellular with moderate expression at the cell surface of B cells and monocytes. Mouse anti Human CD74 antibody, clone Bu45 binds to an epitope within the extracytoplasmic domain of the CD74 molecule, which is distal from the C-terminus.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- B lymphoblastoid cell line HFB1.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized mice were fused with cells of the Ag8.653 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Flow Cytometry 1||1/25||1/50|
|Functional Assays 2|
|Immunohistology - Frozen 3|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
- 1 Results maybe enhanced using membrane permeabilisation. Membrane permeabilization is required for this application. The use of Leucoperm (Product Code BUF09) is recommended for this purpose.
- 2 This product contains sodium azide, removal by dialysis is recommended prior to use in functional assays.
- 3The epitope recognized by this antibody is reported to be sensitive to formaldehyde fixation and tissue processing. We recommend the use of acetone fixation for frozen sections.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
References for CD74 antibody
Wraight, C.J. et al. (1990) Human major histocompatibility complex class II invariant chain is expressed on the cell surface.
J Biol Chem. 265 (10): 5787-92.
van Bergen, J. et al. (1997) Efficient loading of HLA-DR with a T helper epitope by genetic exchange of CLIP.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 94: 7499-502.
Beswick, E.J. et al. (2005) Helicobacter pylori binds to CD74 on gastric epithelial cells and stimulates interleukin-8 production.
Infect Immun. 73: 2736-43.
Barrera, C.A. et al. (2005) Polarized expression of CD74 by gastric epithelial cells.
J Histochem Cytochem. 53: 1481-9.
Beswick, E.J. et al. (2006) The Helicobacter pylori urease B subunit binds to CD74 on gastric epithelial cells and induces NF-kappaB activation and interleukin-8 production.
Infect Immun. 74: 1148-55.
Lapaque, N. et al. (2009) The HLA-DRalpha chain is modified by polyubiquitination.
J Biol Chem. 284: 7007-16.
Goldenberg, D.M. et al. (2019) Subcutaneous administration of anti-CD74 antibody for systemic lupus erythematosus
US patent US 20170266281 A1
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up