CD3 antibody | OKT3
Filter by Application:F Reset
|Mouse anti Human CD3 antibody, clone OKT3, recognizes T-cell surface glycoprotein CD3 epsilon chain (CD3ε), also known as T-cell surface antigen T3/Leu-4 epsilon. CD3ε is a subunit within the multiprotein cell surface receptor TCR-CD3 complex, which is expressed on the surface of mature T cells, NKT cells and thymocytes (Mariuzza et al. 2020). The CD3 complex is required for intracellular signaling and for TCR surface expression. Recruitment of the TCR/CD3 complex initiates early events leading to proliferation and differentiation of mature T cells into an effector cell (Guy & Vignali 2009).
Mice that lack the CD3ε gene exhibit early arrest in T cell development and mutation of the gene in humans has been seen to result in severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID) (DeJarnette et al. 1998, de Saint Basile et al. 2004).
Mouse anti Human CD3, clone OKT3 is commonly used in flow cytometry in the phenotyping human T cells. Characterization of the OKT3 clone has shown that it is able to compete and block the binding of the CD3 clones SK7 and UCHT1 to human T cells (Li et al. 2005). The OKT3 clone has also been found to have immunosuppressive properties in vivo. As result of this, the clone was humanized to be used as a therapeutic drug called Muromonomab (Orthoclone). Muromonomab was used as an immunosuppressive including for after solid organ transplants, to prevent the activation of CD4- and CD8- T cells (Wilde & Goa 1996). However, the drug has since been discontinued due to the development of other treatments with similar efficacy and fewer side effects (Reichert 2012).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Human peripheral blood lymphocytes
- >90 % by SDS PAGE
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Functional Assays 1|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
- 1 This product contains sodium azide, removal by dialysis is recommended prior to use in functional assays.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004888 transmembrane receptor activity
- GO:0005057 receptor signaling protein activity
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0007172 signal complex assembly
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- GO:0009897 external side of plasma membrane
- GO:0017124 SH3 domain binding
- GO:0019901 protein kinase binding
- GO:0030159 receptor signaling complex scaffold activity
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0031295 T cell costimulation
- GO:0042608 T cell receptor binding
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0050852 T cell receptor signaling pathway
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up