CD19 antibody | LE-CD19
Human CD19 is expressed on virtually all cells of the B-cell lineage with the exception of plasma cells and plays a regulatory role in B-cell differentiation and proliferation.
B-cells are essential for antibody production and mutations in the CD19 gene can lead to an immunodeficiency syndrome, CIVD3 characterized by hypogammaglobulinemia leading to recurrent infections and the inability to mount an antibody mediated response to immune insult. Although immunoglobulin production is impaired B-cell precursors appear in normal numbers together with some reduction in more mature B-cell forms (van Zelm et al. 2006). B-cells have also been implicated in the progression and pathogenesis of multiple sclerosis and are common components of both active and chronic MS lesions and well as the CSF (Ritchie et al. 2004)
Mouse anti Human CD19 antibody, clone LE-CD19 has been successfully employed for the immunohistochemical demonstration of CD19 in formalin fixed, paraffin embedded tissues (Streeck, H. et al. 2011) and for the detection of CD19 in cell lysates by Western blotting.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Carrier Free
- CD19 peptide CGPDPAWGGGGRMGTWSTR (C-terminus) coupled to KLH.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the X63-Ag8.653 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P15391 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CD19 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005057 receptor signaling protein activity
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0006968 cellular defense response
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD19 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Flow Cytometry 1||1/100||1/200|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 2||1/100||1/200|
|Western Blotting||Reducing conditions|
- 1Membrane permeabilisation is required for this application. Bio-Rad recommends the use of Leucoperm™ (Product Code BUF09) for this purpose.
- 2This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse IgG1 Negative Control||MCA928||F||100 Tests|
Product Specific References
References for CD19 antibody
Ogembo, J.G. et al. (2012) SIRPα/CD172a and FHOD1 Are Unique Markers of Littoral Cells, a Recently Evolved Major Cell Population of Red Pulp of Human Spleen.
J Immunol. 188: 4496-505.
Streeck, H. et al. (2011) Epithelial adhesion molecules can inhibit HIV-1-specific CD8⁺ T-cell functions
Blood. 117: 5112-22.
Herting, F. et al. (2014) Enhanced anti-tumor activity of the glycoengineered type II CD20 antibody obinutuzumab (GA101) in combination with chemotherapy in xenograft models of human lymphoma.
Leuk Lymphoma. 55 (9): 2151-60.
Inoue, T. et al. (2010) Differential expression of glycogenes in tonsillar B lymphocytes in association with proteinuria and renal dysfunction in IgA nephropathy.
Clin Immunol. 136 (3): 447-55.