Calcitonin Receptor antibody | 31/01-1H10-4-1-14
Filter by Application:P Reset
Mouse anti Human Calcitonin Receptor
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Calcitonin Receptor
|Mouse anti Human calcitonin recptor antibody, clone 31/01-1H10-4-1-14 recognizes the human calcitonin receptor, a membrane protein with seven transmembrane domains that is coupled to G protein messenger systems. Mouse anti Human calcitonin recptor antibody, clone 31/01-1H10-4-1-14 recognizes an epitope within the cytoplasmic domain that is common to both C1a and C1b human isoforms.
Calcitonin receptor is expressed in kidney, central and peripheral nervous systems and on osteoclasts. It is also expressed in a number of tissues during the development of the embryo and may be important in foetal morphogenesis.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rabbit
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- < 0.1% sodium azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide, DIPIYICHQELRNEPANN, derived from the cytoplasmic domain of human calcitonin receptor.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/50||1/500|
- 1Fixation with 4% paraformaldehyde is recommended for optimal results.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human kidney
References for Calcitonin Receptor antibody
Silvestris, F. et al. (2008) Expression and function of the calcitonin receptor by myeloma cells in their osteoclast-like activity in vitro.
Leuk Res. 32 (4): 611-23.
Wookey, P.J. et al. (2008) Calcitonin receptor immunoreactivity associated with specific cell types in diseased radial and internal mammary arteries.
Histopathology. 52 (5): 605-12.
Lesclous, P. et al. (2009) Bisphosphonate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw: a key role of inflammation?
Bone. 45 (5): 843-52.
Wookey, P.J. et al. (2009) The elevated expression of calcitonin receptor by cells recruited into the endothelial layer and neo-intima of atherosclerotic plaque.
Histochem Cell Biol. 132: 181-9.
Wookey, P.J. et al. (2012) The expression of calcitonin receptor detected in malignant cells of the brain tumour glioblastoma multiforme and functional properties in the cell line A172.
Histopathology. 60 (6): 895-910.
Cappagli, V. et al. (2017) Calcitonin receptor expression in medullary thyroid carcinoma.
PeerJ. 5: e3778.
Ostrovskaya, A. et al. (2019) Expression and activity of the calcitonin receptor family in a sample of primary human high-grade gliomas.
BMC Cancer. 19 (1): 157.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0004948 calcitonin receptor activity
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0007189 activation of adenylate cyclase activity by G-protein signaling pathway
- GO:0007204 elevation of cytosolic calcium ion concentration
- GO:0032841 calcitonin binding
- GO:0045762 positive regulation of adenylate cyclase activity
- GO:0051384 response to glucocorticoid stimulus
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up