Actin Gamma antibody | 2A3
Actins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in cell motility, structure and integrity and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells. Six different isoforms of actin have been identified (Vandekerckhove and Weber 1978) .
Mouse anti Human actin gamma antibody, clone 2A3 is highly specific for actin gamma and does not react with other actin isoforms (Dugina et al. 2009).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mammals Expected from Sequence Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to the N-terminal nonapeptide of gamma-cytoplasmic actin, coupled to KLH.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005200 structural constituent of cytoskeleton
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005856 cytoskeleton
- GO:0006928 cellular component movement
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- GO:0042802 identical protein binding
- GO:0034329 cell junction assembly
- GO:0034332 adherens junction organization
- For research purposes only
Applications of Actin Gamma antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Actin Gamma antibody
Dugina, V. et al. (2009) Beta and gamma-cytoplasmic actins display distinct distribution and functional diversity.
J Cell Sci. 122: 2980-8.
Brockmann, C. et al. (2011) Beta- and gamma-cytoplasmic actins are required for meiosis in mouse oocytes.
Biol Reprod. 85: 1025-39.
Miazza, V. et al. (2011) Sendai virus induced cytoplasmic actin remodeling correlates with efficient virus particle production.
Virology. 410: 7-16.
Baranwal, S. et al. (2012) Nonredundant roles of cytoplasmic β- and γ-actin isoforms in regulation of epithelial apical junctions.
Mol Biol Cell. 23: 3542-53.
Dugina, V. et al. (2015) Tumor promotion by γ and suppression by β non-muscle actin isoforms.
Oncotarget. 6 (16): 14556-71.
Simiczyjew A et al. (2015) Active invadopodia of mesenchymally migrating cancer cells contain both β and γ cytoplasmic actin isoforms.
Exp Cell Res. pii: S0014-4827(15)30146-4.
Simiczyjew, A. et al. (2017) Involvement of β- and γ-actin isoforms in actin cytoskeleton organization and migration abilities of bleb-forming human colon cancer cells.
PLoS One. 12 (3): e0173709.
Chaponnier, C. & Gabbiani, G. (2016) Monoclonal antibodies against muscle actin isoforms: epitope identification and analysis of isoform expression by immunoblot and immunostaining in normal and regenerating skeletal muscle.
F1000Res. 5: 416.
Chen, A. et al. (2017) Cytokinesis requires localized β-actin filament production by an actin isoform specific nucleator.
Nat Commun. 8 (1): 1530.
Dugina, V. et al. (2021) Impaired Expression of Cytoplasmic Actins Leads to Chromosomal Instability of MDA-MB-231 Basal-Like Mammary Gland Cancer Cell Line.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra