GFAP antibody | 2E1
Filter by Application:P Reset
Mouse anti Bovine GFAP
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Bovine GFAP antibody, clone 2E1 recognizes glial fibrillary acidic protein, or GFAP, a class III intermediate filament. During development of the central nervous system, GFAP distinguishes astrocytes from other glial cells. It is involved in various cellular functions, such as cell structure and movement, cell communication and the functioning of the blood-brain barrier. It also plays a role in mitosis by adjusting the filament network present in the cell.
Defects in GFAP are a cause of Alexander disease, a rare disorder of the central nervous system affecting mostly males. It is a progressive leukoencephalopathy resulting in mental and physical retardation, dementia, seizures and early death.
Mouse anti Bovine GFAP antibody, clone 2E1 may be used in conjunction with Mouse anti Bovine GFAP antibody, clone 1B4 (MCA4733) and Mouse anti Bovine GFAP antibody, clone 4A11 (MCA4684) for increased sensitivity when used in immunohistology.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Human Mouse Rat Sheep Dog Pig Rabbit Guinea Pig Chicken
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Bovine spinal cord homogenate.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/25||1/100|
- 1This product requires protein digestion pre-treatment of paraffin sections e.g. trypsin or pronase.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
References for GFAP antibody
Pegram, C.N. et al. (1985) Monoclonal antibodies reactive with epitopes restricted to glial fibrillary acidic proteins of several species.
Neurochem Pathol. 3 (2): 119-38.
McLendon, R.E. et al. (1986) The immunohistochemical application of three anti-GFAP monoclonal antibodies to formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded, normal and neoplastic brain tissues.
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 45 (6): 692-703.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005882 intermediate filament
- GO:0005200 structural constituent of cytoskeleton
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0009611 response to wounding
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Bovine Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up