Newcastle Disease Virus antibody | 8H2
Mouse anti Newcastle Disease Virus
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Newcastle Disease Virus
|Mouse anti Newcastle Disease Virus antibody, clone 8H2 recognizes the hemagglutinin-neuraminidase (HN) protein of Newcastle disease virus (NDV). Newcastle disease is a highly contagious disease affecting wild and domestic birds.
Symptoms of the disease vary greatly, depending on the strain of virus and the species, age and health of the bird. Virulence of the disease can also vary greatly, with some strains causing very high mortality rates. In humans, NDV can cause mild influenza-like symptoms.
The HN protein of the virus is a type II membrane glycoprotein on virion and infected cell surfaces. It binds to sialic acid-containing cellular receptors and promotes activity of the viral fusion protein, thereby allowing the virus to penetrate the cell. It also removes sialic acids from progeny virus particles to prevent viral self-agglutination.
Newcastle disease virus is tumor selective and oncolytic. It has shown promise for selective growth in and killing of a variety of tumor cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG- liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Glycoprotein haemagglutinin-neuraminidase of Newcastle Disease Virus (La-Sota strain).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
References for Newcastle Disease Virus antibody
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Viral Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up