Newcastle Disease Virus antibody | 8H2
Symptoms of the disease vary greatly, depending on the strain of virus and the species, age and health of the bird. Virulence of the disease can also vary greatly, with some strains causing very high mortality rates. In humans, NDV can cause mild influenza-like symptoms.
The HN protein of the virus is a type II membrane glycoprotein on virion and infected cell surfaces. It binds to sialic acid-containing cellular receptors and promotes activity of the viral fusion protein, thereby allowing the virus to penetrate the cell. It also removes sialic acids from progeny virus particles to prevent viral self-agglutination.
Newcastle disease virus is tumor selective and oncolytic. It has shown promise for selective growth in and killing of a variety of tumor cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG- liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Glycoprotein haemagglutinin-neuraminidase of Newcastle Disease Virus (La-Sota strain).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
Applications of Newcastle Disease Virus antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Newcastle Disease Virus antibody
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra