Mouse anti Sheep CD43 antibody, clone CO.44B8
recognizes ovine CD43, also known as leukosialin or Sialophorin. CD43 is a ~105 kDa single pass type-1 transmembrane glycoprotein expressed by leucocytes. CD43 appears to have a role in cell aggregation (Pintado and Llanes 1995
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Sheep leucocytes
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized mice were fused the cells of the SP2-0/Ag14 mouse myeloma cell line
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD43 antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for CD43 antibody
Brodesen, R. et al. (1998) Analysis of the immunological cross reactivities of 213 well characterized monoclonal antibodies with specificities against various leucocyte surface antigens of human and 11 animal species
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 64: 1-13.
Pintado, C.O. and Llanes, D. (1995) Homotypic aggregation of ovine leucocyte induced by anti-leucosialin (CD43) monoclonal antibodies.
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 47: 333-40.
Schwartz-Cornil, I. et al. (1997) Bovine leukaemia virus-induced lymphocytosis in sheep is associated with reduction of spontaneous B cell apoptosis.
J Gen Virol. 78: 153-62.