CD230 antibody | ROS-BH1
CD230. Also known as the prion protein (PrP) exists in two alternate forms; a normal cellular form (PrPc) and a disease-associated form (PrPSc).The normal and pathological forms of the prion protein have identical amino acid sequences and differ only in their folded tertiary structure and biochemical properties.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Bovine Human Hamster Mouse Red deer
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A truncated form of recombinant Ovine PRP spanning residues aa94 - aa233.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Ig concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised 129/Ola mice were fused with cells of the SP2/0 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005507 copper ion binding
- GO:0005794 Golgi apparatus
- GO:0008017 microtubule binding
- GO:0031225 anchored to membrane
- GO:0051260 protein homooligomerization
- This reagent was licenced from The Roslin Institute at the University of Edinburgh as part of the immunological toolbox project
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD230 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
Mccutcheon, S. et al. (2014) Prion protein-specific antibodies that detect multiple TSE agents with high sensitivity.
PLoS One. 9 (3): e91143.