Mouse anti Aquaporin 1 antibody, clone 7D11 recognizes an epitope within an extracellular region of the water-specific channel aquaporin 1 (also known as AQP1 or CHIP-28)
Aquaporin 1 is a 28kDa integral membrane protein which was originally identified in red blood cells and renal proximal tubules. AQP1 is also expressed by the choroid plexus and various other tissues. The glycosylated forms of AQP1 range between 40-60kDa in mass.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
|0.1%||Bovine Serum Albumin|
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 198-208 of rat aquaporin 1.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with the cells of Sp-2/0 Ag14 mouse myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to membrane
positive regulation of lamellipodium assembly
positive regulation of epithelial cell migration
glycerol transmembrane transporter activity
water channel activity
basolateral plasma membrane
apical plasma membrane
lateral ventricle development
neuronal cell body membrane
hyperosmotic salinity response
response to estrogen stimulus
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Aquaporin 1 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1 This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
Product Specific References
References for Aquaporin 1 antibody
Nagy G et al. (2002) Development and characterisation of a monoclonal antibody family against aquaporin 1 (AQP1) and aquaporin 4 (AQP4).
Pathol Oncol Res. 8 (2): 115-24.
Bódis, B. et al. (2001) Active water selective channels in the stomach: investigation of aquaporins after ethanol and capsaicin treatment in rats.
J Physiol Paris. 95 (1-6): 271-5.
Felszeghy, S. et al. (2004) Expression of aquaporin isoforms during human and mouse tooth development.
Arch Oral Biol. 49: 247-57.
Cabral, P.D and Herrera, M. (2012) Membrane-associated aquaporin-1 facilitates osmotically driven water flux across the basolateral membrane of the thick ascending limb.
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 303: F621-9.