Cryptosporidium parvum antibody | 7631
C. parvum is one of several species that cause cryptosporidiosis; a disease affecting the intestines of mammals spread through the fecal-oral route. The main symptom is self-limiting diarrhea in people with intact immune systems. However, in immunocompromised individuals, such as AIDS patients, infection can cause permanent & life-threatening diarrhea. Cryptosporidiosis is one of the most common waterborne diseases worldwide (Current & Garcia 1991) .
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Intact oocysts of C.Parvum.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cryptosporidium parvum antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin||1/10||1/50|
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Intact oocysts of C.parvum.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Cryptosporidium parvum antibody
FitzGerald, L. et al. (2011) Morphological and molecular characterisation of a mixed Cryptosporidium muris/Cryptosporidium felis infection in a cat.
Vet Parasitol. 175: 160-4.
Spano, F. and Crisanti, A. (2000) Cryptosporidium parvum: the many secrets of a small genome.
Int J Parasitol. 30: 553-65.