Progesterone antibody | 9B4
Filter by Application:P E Reset
Mouse anti Progesterone
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti progesterone antibody, clone 9B4 is specific for progesterone, a steroid hormone synthesized from the cholesterol derivative, pregnenolone, in the cortex of the adrenal gland.
Progesterone is secreted by the corpus luteum and acts to prepare the endometrium for the implantation of a fertilized egg. During pregnancy, it is secreted by the placenta in order to prevent spontaneous abortion and to stimulate the development of mammary tissue to produce milk. Progesterone is available as a pharmaceutical that can be used to treat menstrual disorders and for the prevention of miscarriage.
Mouse anti progesterone antibody, clone 9B4 does not cross react with cortisol, estradiol, estriol and testosterone.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Progesterone conjugated to bovine serum albumin at position 3.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.5 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/50|
- 1 Progesterone antibody requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Breast carcinoma and normal young ovarian tissue.
References for Progesterone antibody
Cahill, D.J. et al. (2003) Pre-ovulatory granulosa cells of infertile women with endometriosis are less sensitive to luteinizing hormone.
Am J Reprod Immunol. 49 (2): 66-9.
Alexandre-Pires, G. et al. (2014) Morphological aspects and expression of estrogen and progesterone receptors in the interdigital sinus in cyclic ewes.
Microsc Res Tech. 77 (4): 313-25.
Daems, D. et al. (2017) Competitive inhibition assay for the detection of progesterone in dairy milk using a fiber optic SPR biosensor.
Anal Chim Acta. 950: 1-6.
Nguyen, T.M.D. et al. (2019) Inhibition by fluoxetine of LH-stimulated cyclic AMP synthesis in tumor Leydig cells partly involves AMPK activation.
PLoS One. 14 (6): e0217519.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up