Progesterone antibody | 9B4
Progesterone is secreted by the corpus luteum and acts to prepare the endometrium for the implantation of a fertilized egg. During pregnancy, it is secreted by the placenta in order to prevent spontaneous abortion and to stimulate the development of mammary tissue to produce milk. Progesterone is available as a pharmaceutical that can be used to treat menstrual disorders and for the prevention of miscarriage.
Mouse anti progesterone antibody, clone 9B4 does not cross react with cortisol, estradiol, estriol and testosterone.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Progesterone conjugated to bovine serum albumin at position 3.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
Applications of Progesterone antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/50|
- 1 Progesterone antibody requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Breast carcinoma and normal young ovarian tissue.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Progesterone antibody
Cahill, D.J. et al. (2003) Pre-ovulatory granulosa cells of infertile women with endometriosis are less sensitive to luteinizing hormone.
Am J Reprod Immunol. 49 (2): 66-9.
Alexandre-Pires, G. et al. (2014) Morphological aspects and expression of estrogen and progesterone receptors in the interdigital sinus in cyclic ewes.
Microsc Res Tech. 77 (4): 313-25.
Daems, D. et al. (2017) Competitive inhibition assay for the detection of progesterone in dairy milk using a fiber optic SPR biosensor.
Anal Chim Acta. 950: 1-6.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra