Mouse anti Porcine surfactant protein D antibody, clone 1.7 detects porcine surfactant protein D (pSP-D), a ~138 kDa member of the collectin family of proteins. Surfactant protein D is thought to play a significant role in the innate immune response against microorganisms within the lungs and at other mucosal surfaces. SP-D is a multifunctional protein which binds selectively to saccharides and lipids on microbial surfaces promoting antimicrobial responses and regulating surfactant lipid homeostasis. SP-D expression is induced in lung surfactant in response to aerogenous bacterial infection, and upon binding to bacteria, promotes phagocytosis and antigen presentation by dendritic cells. Recent studies suggest that pSP-D could serve as a serum biomarker specific for bronchopneumonia in pigs.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Purified porcine surfactant protein D.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of theP3X63Ag.8.653 myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
proteinaceous extracellular matrix
respiratory gaseous exchange
lung alveolus development
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Surfactant Protein D antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
TRIS/EDTA buffer pH8.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Porcine lung tissue
- Western Blotting
- MCA2725 detects a band of approximately 138kDa.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
Soerensen, C.M. et al. (2005) Purification, characterization and immunolocalization of porcine surfactant protein D.
Immunology. 114: 72-82.
References for Surfactant Protein D antibody
Soerensen, C.M. et al. (2005) Pulmonary infections in swine induce altered porcine surfactant protein D expression and localization to dendritic cells in bronchial-associated lymphoid tissue.
Immunology. 115 (4): 526-35.
Weber, B. et al. (2019) Lung injury after asphyxia and hemorrhagic shock in newborn piglets: Analysis of structural and inflammatory changes.
PLoS One. 14 (7): e0219211.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra