Surfactant Protein D antibody | 1.7
Filter by Application:P C Reset
Mouse anti Pig Surfactant Protein D
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Surfactant Protein D
|Mouse anti Porcine surfactant protein D antibody, clone 1.7 detects porcine surfactant protein D (pSP-D), a ~138 kDa member of the collectin family of proteins. Surfactant protein D is thought to play a significant role in the innate immune response against microorganisms within the lungs and at other mucosal surfaces. SP-D is a multifunctional protein which binds selectively to saccharides and lipids on microbial surfaces promoting antimicrobial responses and regulating surfactant lipid homeostasis. SP-D expression is induced in lung surfactant in response to aerogenous bacterial infection, and upon binding to bacteria, promotes phagocytosis and antigen presentation by dendritic cells. pSP-D may serve as a serum biomarker specific for bronchopneumonia in pigs (Kahlisch et al. 2009).|
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Purified porcine surfactant protein D.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of theP3X63Ag.8.653 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||1µg/ml|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
TRIS/EDTA buffer pH8.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Porcine lung tissue
- Western Blotting
- MCA2725 detects a band of approximately 138kDa.
Soerensen, C.M. et al. (2005) Purification, characterization and immunolocalization of porcine surfactant protein D.
Immunology. 114: 72-82.
References for Surfactant Protein D antibody
Soerensen, C.M. et al. (2005) Pulmonary infections in swine induce altered porcine surfactant protein D expression and localization to dendritic cells in bronchial-associated lymphoid tissue.
Immunology. 115 (4): 526-35.
Weber, B. et al. (2019) Lung injury after asphyxia and hemorrhagic shock in newborn piglets: Analysis of structural and inflammatory changes.
PLoS One. 14 (7): e0219211.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up