IL-18 antibody | 7-G-8
Mouse anti Porcine interleukin-18 antibody, clone 7-G-8 recognizes natural and recombinant porcine IL-18. The antibody does not recognize porcine IL-1beta, IL-8, IL-12 or IFNγ, nor does it cross react with human or murine IL-18.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Carrier Free
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- O19073 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- IL18 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001525 angiogenesis
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0008625 induction of apoptosis via death domain receptors
- GO:0042095 interferon-gamma biosynthetic process
- GO:0042104 positive regulation of activated T cell proliferation
- For research purposes only
Applications of IL-18 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|ELISA||5ug/ml as coating antibody|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive control.
- This antibody may be used as a capture reagent in an sandwich ELISA pair with MCA2094B as detection antibody.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for IL-18 antibody
Muneta, Y. et al. (2000) Detection of porcine interleukin-18 by sandwich ELISA and immunohistochemical staining using its monoclonal antibodies.
J Interferon Cytokine Res. 20 (3): 331-6.
Lee, B.M. et al. (2011) Enhanced protection against infection with transmissible gastroenteritis virus in piglets by oral co-administration of live attenuated Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium expressing swine interferon-α and interleukin-18.
Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis. 34 (4): 369-80.