Mouse anti Porcine interleukin-18 antibody, clone 7-G-8 recognizes natural and recombinant porcine IL-18. The antibody does not recognize porcine IL-1beta, IL-8, IL-12 or IFNγ, nor does it cross react with human or murine IL-18.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Carrier Free
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
induction of apoptosis via death domain receptors
interferon-gamma biosynthetic process
positive regulation of activated T cell proliferation
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of IL-18 antibody
||5ug/ml as coating antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive control.
- This antibody may be used as a capture reagent in an sandwich ELISA pair with MCA2094B as detection antibody.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for IL-18 antibody
Muneta, Y. et al. (2000) Detection of porcine interleukin-18 by sandwich ELISA and immunohistochemical staining using its monoclonal antibodies.
J Interferon Cytokine Res. 20 (3): 331-6.
Lee, B.M. et al. (2011) Enhanced protection against infection with transmissible gastroenteritis virus in piglets by oral co-administration of live attenuated Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium expressing swine interferon-α and interleukin-18.
Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis. 34 (4): 369-80.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra