Mouse anti Pig CD46 antibody, clone JM6C11
recognizes porcine CD46, also known as membrane cofactor protein (MCP). CD46 is a ~45-65 kDa single pass type 1 transmembrane glycoprotein expressed by all peripheral blood cells.
Mouse anti Pig CD46 antibody, clone JM6C11 inhibits functional MCP cofactor activity as measured by inhibition of cleavage of the α chain of C3 (Pérez De La Lastra et al. 1999
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Porcine peripheral blood mononuclear cells
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 - Ag14 myeloma cell line
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
inner acrosomal membrane
integral to membrane
complement activation, classical pathway
innate immune response
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD46 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10 ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100ul
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
Application Based External Images
Product Specific References
References for CD46 antibody
van den Berg, C.W. et al. (1997) Purification and characterization of the pig analogue of human membrane cofactor protein (CD46/MCP).
J Immunol. 158: 1703-9.
Haverson, K. et al. (2001) Overview of the Third International Workshop on Swine Leukocyte Differentiation Antigens.
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 80: 5-23.
Pérez De La Lastra, J.M. et al. (1999) Epitope mapping of 10 monoclonal antibodies against the pig analogue of human membrane cofactor protein (MCP).
Immunology. 96: 663-70.
Dräger, C. et al. (2015) Porcine complement regulatory protein CD46 and heparan sulfates are the major factors for classical swine fever virus attachment in vitro.
Arch Virol. 160: 739-46.
Piriou-Guzylack, L. (2008) Membrane markers of the immune cells in swine: an update.
Vet Res. 39: 54.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra