CD46 antibody | 6D8/8
Porcine CD46 is expressed on a wide range of cells including leucocytes, platelets and erythrocytes. CD46 serves as an inhibitor of complement activation on host cells.
Mouse anti Pig CD46, clone 6D8/8 induces homotypic cell aggregation, (Bullido et al. 2000). .
Mouse anti pig CD46, clone 6D8/8 detects a series of closely apposed bands of approximately 50-60 kDa in pig erythrocyte lysates (Perez De La Lastra et al. 1999).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Porcine peripheral blood mononuclear cells
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the X63-Ag.8.653 myeloma cell line
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch
- O02839 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CD46 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0002079 inner acrosomal membrane
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0006958 complement activation, classical pathway
- GO:0007338 single fertilization
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD46 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to 1x106 cells in 100ul
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse IgG1 Negative Control||MCA928||F||100 Tests|
Product Specific References
References for CD46 antibody
Bullido, R. et al. (2000) Induction of aggregation in porcine lymphoid cells by antibodies to CD46.
Vet Immunol Immmunopathol. 73: 73-81.
Perez de la Lastra, J.M. et al. (1999) Epitope mapping of 10 monoclonal antibodies against the pig analogue of human membrane cofactor protein (MCP).
Immunology 96: 663-670.
Dräger, C. et al. (2015) Porcine complement regulatory protein CD46 and heparan sulfates are the major factors for classical swine fever virus attachment in vitro.
Arch Virol. 160: 739-46.
Piriou-Guzylack, L. (2008) Membrane markers of the immune cells in swine: an update.
Vet Res. 39: 54.