CD117 antibody | 2B8/BM
Filter by Application:F Reset
Mouse anti Pig CD117
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Pig CD117, clone 2B8/BM is specific for porcine CD117, also known as c-kit, a 155 kDa type I transmembrane protein with protein tyrosine kinase activity, which plays an important role in early hematopoiesis (Perez et al. 2007).
Hematopoietic stem cells (HSC) of bone marrow have multilineage differentiation potential and an extensive capacity for self-renewal. The majority of adult bone marrow hematopoietic progenitor cells are CD117+ and have been used successfully in xenograft transplantation models for long term survival of grafts, without symptoms of graft-versus-host disease (GVHD).
Mouse anti pig CD117, clone 2B8/BM recognizes CD117 on a small subset of porcine bone marrow progenitor cells and therefore provides an alternative tool from the previously used c-kit ligand stem cell factor, for the isolation and enrichment of porcine stem cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Porcine bone marrow cells (BMC).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized Balb/c mouse were fused with cells of the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Western Blotting 2|
- 1Enrichment of 2B8/BM+ BMC population required by depletion of CD3+, 6D10+ and CD163+ cells. Please see Pérez, C. et al. (2007) for details.
- 2Enrichment of 2B8/BM+ BMC population required by depletion of CD3+, 6D10+ and CD163+ cells. Please see Pérez, C. et al. (2007) for details.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
- Western Blotting
- Clone 2B8/BM detects a band of approximately 155kDa in enriched porcine bone marrow cell lysates under non-reducing conditions.
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Mouse IgG1 Negative Control||MCA928||F||100 Tests||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Mouse IgG1 Negative Control|
References for CD117 antibody
Pérez C et al. (2007) Characterisation of porcine bone marrow progenitor cells identified by the anti-c-kit (CD117) monoclonal antibody 2B8/BM.
J Immunol Methods. 321 (1-2): 70-9.
Hatzistergos, K.E. et al. (2010) Bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells stimulate cardiac stem cell proliferation and differentiation.
Circ Res. 107: 913-22.
Escalona, Z. et al. (2014) Molecular characterization and expression of porcine Siglec-5.
Dev Comp Immunol. 44 (1): 206-16.
Wehman, B. et al. (2016) Mesenchymal Stem Cells Preserve Neonatal Right Ventricular Function In A Porcine Model Of Pressure Overload.
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. Apr 22:ajpheart.00955.2015. [Epub ahead of print]
Wehman, B. et al. (2016) Intracoronary Stem Cell Delivery to the Right Ventricle: A Preclinical Study.
Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 28 (4): 817-24.
Wehman, B. et al. (2017) Cardiac Progenitor Cells Enhance Neonatal Right Ventricular Function After Pulmonary Artery Banding.
Ann Thorac Surg. 104 (6): 2045-53.
Arenal, Á. et al. (2022) Effects of Cardiac Stem Cell on Postinfarction Arrhythmogenic Substrate.
Int J Mol Sci. 23 (24): 16211.
Piriou-Guzylack, L. (2008) Membrane markers of the immune cells in swine: an update.
Vet Res. 39: 54.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0007169 transmembrane receptor protein tyrosine kinase signaling pathway
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Pig Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up