TRF1 antibody | BED5
Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Mouse anti human TRF1 antibody, clone BED5 recognizes TTAGGG repeat binding factor 1 (TRF1) a ubiquitously expressed 60kDa protein. Along with tankyrase-1, TIN2, and PINX1, TRF1 binds the double-stranded TTAGGG repeat of telomeres and regulates telomere length. Protection of telomeres-1 (POT1) is a single-stranded telomeric DNA-binding protein which controls the elongation of telomeres by telomerase. TRF1 mediates the loading of POT1 onto single stranded DNA, conveying information about telomere length to the telomere terminus, where telomerase is regulated. If the telomere is long enough, telomerase is inhibited. Additionally in conjunction with POT1 and TTAGGG repeat binding factor 1 (TRF2), TRF1 recruits factors to the telomere, inducing the formation of the protective t-loop. TRF1 along with TRF2, POT1, TIN2, TPP1, and Rap1 form the shelterin complex which distinguishes telomeres from sites of DNA damage.
TRF1 is thought to play a role in leukaemia being expressed at significantly higher levels in patients with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia than those with myeloid leukaemia (Ohyashiki et al. 2001).
Mouse anti human TRF1 antibody, clone BED5 has been reported to work in western blotting applications.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant TRF1.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/200||1/1000|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human tonsil
References for TRF1 antibody
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000086 G2/M transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0000781 chromosome, telomeric region
- GO:0000783 nuclear telomere cap complex
- GO:0001309 age-dependent telomere shortening
- GO:0003691 double-stranded telomeric DNA binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005819 spindle
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0006917 induction of apoptosis
- GO:0006919 activation of caspase activity
- GO:0042162 telomeric DNA binding
- GO:0007004 telomere maintenance via telomerase
- GO:0007067 mitosis
- GO:0007094 mitotic cell cycle spindle assembly checkpoint
- GO:0008017 microtubule binding
- GO:0008301 DNA bending activity
- GO:0042802 identical protein binding
- GO:0008656 caspase activator activity
- GO:0010521 telomerase inhibitor activity
- GO:0010834 telomere maintenance via telomere shortening
- GO:0031116 positive regulation of microtubule polymerization
- GO:0032211 negative regulation of telomere maintenance via telomerase
- GO:0032214 negative regulation of telomere maintenance via semi-conservative replication
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0051260 protein homooligomerization
- GO:0045449 regulation of transcription
- GO:0045840 positive regulation of mitosis
- GO:0045931 positive regulation of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0051301 cell division
- GO:0051974 negative regulation of telomerase activity
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up