Sphingosine 1- Phosphate Receptor 1 antibody | 2B9
During inflammatory diseases such as atherosclerosis the phenotype switching of activated macrophages is influenced by the presence of particular cytokines within the microenvironment. These cells have been characterized as classically activated M1 macrophages, in response to pro-inflammatory molecules such as interferon gamma and lipopolysaccharide, or as alternatively activated M2 macrophages, in response to anti-inflammatory cytokines such as interleukin-4. Activation of S1P1 through its ligand S1P (Sphingosine 1-Phosphate) has been identified as an important promoter of anti-inflammatory M2 macrophages (Hughes et al. 2008).
Apoptotic cells can also influence the pro-versus anti-inflammatory macrophage response, and S1P acts as a positive regulator for anti-apoptotic/pro-survival responses by binding to S1P1. Growing evidence suggests that the expression of S1P1 on macrophages may convey protection against apoptosis, at least in part, having implications for the pathogenesis of inflammatory diseases and cancer.
Deviation in sphingosine 1-phosphate (S1P) signaling is important in many types of cancer. Analysis of S1P1 and SK1 receptors during the development of tamoxifen resistance in Estrogen Receptor (ER) breast cancer patients concurs that the expression levels of S1P1 correlates with tumor size and Progesterone Receptor (PR) status and that high S1P1 membrane expression is associated with shorter time to recurrence.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0001619 lysosphingolipid and lysophosphatidic acid receptor activity
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- For research purposes only
Applications of Sphingosine 1- Phosphate Receptor 1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse IgG2a Negative Control||MCA929||F||100 Tests|
Product Specific References
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra