Serum Amyloid A antibody | SAA19
SAA is a widely used marker of inflamation as elevated levels of SAA may be detected in the blood of the individual following infection or tissue trauma.
Serum amyloid A is highly conserved between species with human SAA being similar in structure to SAA in other species. Studies have been undertaken that demonstrate monoclonal antibodies raised against human SAA can be used to develop assays for measurement of SAA in domestic animals (Christensen, M, et al.).
In addition to human SAA, clone SAA19 recognises canine, equine and feline SAA. Structurally canine, feline and equine SAA differ from human SAA in that they contain an 8 aa insert in the central region of the sequence, human SSA being 104 aa, equine SAA 110 aa, while canine and feline SAA are 111 aa.
Clone SAA19 may be use as a capture reagent along with clone VSA34 (MCA6031GA) as the detection reagent in the development of immunoassays to detect SAA in dogs, cats and horses along with recombinant SAA (for canine, product code PDP006, for feline, product code PFP003 and for equine, product code PEP006) as standards.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Cat Horse Dog
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Human Serum Amyloid A (SAA)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC. DO NOT FREEZE.
This product should be stored undiluted.
- 18 months from date of despatch
- P19708 Related reagents
- P19857 Related reagents
- P19707 Related reagents
- P0DJI8 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0006953 acute-phase response
- GO:0034364 high-density lipoprotein particle
- For research purposes only
Applications of Serum Amyloid A antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- This product may be used in a direct ELISA or as a capture reagent in a sandwich ELISA, together with MCA6031GA, as the detection reagent.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse anti Dog Serum Amyloid A||MCA6031GA||E WB||0.1 mg|
|Recombinant Dog Serum Amyloid A||PDP006||E||0.1 mg|
|Recombinant Horse Serum Amyloid A||PEP006||E||0.1 mg|
|Recombinant CAT Serum Amyloid A||PFP003||E||0.1 mg|
Product Specific References
Christensen, M et al. (2012) Evaluation of an automated assay based on monoclonal anti-human serum amyloid A (SAA) antibodies for measurement of canine, feline, and equine SAA.
Vet J. 194: 332-7.
Jitpean, S. et al. (2014) Increased concentrations of Serum amyloid A in dogs with sepsis caused by pyometra.
BMC Vet Res. 10: 273.