SAP antibody | AB18-4E2
Filter by Application:E Reset
|Mouse anti Human SAP antibody, clone AB18-4E2, recognizes Serum Amyloid P-component (SAP) also known as 9.5S alpha-1-glycoprotein, a member of the pentraxin family of proteins. It is synthesized by hepatocytes and secreted into the blood. In humans the levels of SAP range between 20-50 µg/ml (Pilling & Gomer 2018).
SAP is able to bind to a variety of molecules including apoptotic debris, bacterial polysaccharides, amyloid deposits and bacterial toxins. Phagocytic cells such as monocytes and macrophages then bind the SAP and engulf the material bound to SAP as part of debris clearance (Pilling & Gomer 2018).
The purified Mouse anti Human SAP antibody, clone AB18-4E2 (MCA62648GA) can be used as a capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA with the biotinylated Mouse anti Human SAP antibody, clone AB12-5A1 (MCA6269B) as the detection antibody.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Native SAP purified from human serum
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Cell fusion between immunized BALB/c mouse spleen cells and mouse myeloma SP2/0
- ELISA Matched Pair(s)
- ELISA Matched Pair-Detection Antibody: MCA6269B
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Serum Amyloid P-component
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0051082 unfolded protein binding
- GO:0006457 protein folding
- GO:0006953 acute-phase response
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005529 sugar binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0051131 chaperone-mediated protein complex assembly
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up