Prolactin antibody | INN-hPRL-1
Mouse anti Human Prolactin antibody, clone INN-hPRL-1 recognises human prolactin, also known as luteotropic hormone or luteotropin, binding to epitope 'c' as determined by a competitive binding assay (Staindl et al. 1987). Prolactin is a 199 amnio acid ~24 kDa secreted anterior pituitary hormone acting to promote lactation.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Carrier Free
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P01236 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- PRL Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005148 prolactin receptor binding
- GO:0005179 hormone activity
- GO:0007166 cell surface receptor linked signaling pathway
- GO:0007565 female pregnancy
- GO:0007595 lactation
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- GO:0040014 regulation of multicellular organism growth
- GO:0046427 positive regulation of JAK-STAT cascade
- For research purposes only
Applications of Prolactin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||1/500||1/1000|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/500||1/1000|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. 1mM EDTA buffer pH 8.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human Pituitary
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Prolactin antibody
Staindl, B. et al. (1987) Monoclonal antibodies against human, bovine and rat prolactin: epitope mapping of human prolactin and development of a two-site immunoradiometric assay.
J Endocrinol. 114 (2): 311-8.
Toth, B. et al. (2009) Insulin and leptin receptors as possible new candidates for endocrine control in normal and disturbed human pregnancy.
Mol Hum Reprod. 15:231-9.
Ye, Y. et al. (2018) Prostaglandin E2 receptor 3 signaling is induced in placentas with unexplained recurrent pregnancy losses.
Endocr Connect. 7 (5): 749-761.