Prolactin antibody | C01-2B2
Filter by Application:E Reset
Mouse anti Human Prolactin
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Human prolactin antibody, clone C01-2B2, recognizes prolactin a peptide hormone expressed by many cell types including the pituitary gland, decidua, ovary, prostate, mammary gland, adipose tissue, brain and immune cells. Of the immune cells, prolactin is secreted by dentritic cells, thymocytes, T cells, B cells, monocytes and macrophages (Borba et al. 2018). Prolactin now has a reported >300 separate biological activities, since it was first discovered as a stimulator of crop milk in pigeons and a promotor of lactation in rabbits (Freeman et al. 2000). In the immune system prolactin acts as a cytokine. In an example, prolactin is able to regulate innate and adaptive immune responses through the maturation of CD4- CD8- thymocytes to CD4+ CD8+ T cells via IL-2 receptor expression. Prolactin is also able to stimulate the development of antigen presenting cells expressing major histocompatibility complex class II (Borba et al. 2018).
Where patients have an abnormally high level of circulating prolactin (hyperprolactinemia) this can result in the impairment of B cell clonal deletion, deregulation or receptor editing, as well as the diminishment of the threshold for B cell activation, promoting auto-reactivity (Borba et al. 2018).
The purified Mouse anti Human prolactin antibody, clone C01-2B2 (MCA6200GA) can be used as a capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA with the biotinylated Mouse anti Human prolactin antibody, clone C03-3E9 (MCA6201B) as the detection antibody.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- E. coli derived recombinant human prolactin (Leu29-Cys227)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Cell fusion between immunized BALB/c mouse spleen cells and mouse myeloma SP2/0
- ELISA Matched Pair(s)
- ELISA Matched Pair-Detection Antibody: MCA6201B
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Mouse anti Human Prolactin:Biotin||MCA6201B||E||0.1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Mouse anti Human Prolactin:Biotin|
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005148 prolactin receptor binding
- GO:0005179 hormone activity
- GO:0007166 cell surface receptor linked signaling pathway
- GO:0007565 female pregnancy
- GO:0007595 lactation
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- GO:0040014 regulation of multicellular organism growth
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0046427 positive regulation of JAK-STAT cascade
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up