Osteocalcin antibody | 2H9F11F8
Mouse anti Human Osteocalcin antibody, clone 2H9F11F8 recognizes intact human and bovine osteocalcin in a "2 site" assay and reacts with osteocalcin fragments corresponding to amino acids 15-31 and 20-43 of the native molecule. It does not recognize fragments representing amino acids 1-19 or 7-19.Osteocalcin (Bone Gla Protein) is a 49 amino acid single chain vitamin K dependent protein (MW 5.8 kDa), made by osteoblasts that is a major component of the non-collagenous bone matrix. Serum osteocalcin is elevated in diseases characterized by increased bone turnover such as osteoporosis, hyperparathyroidism and Paget’s disease, and low in conditions associated with low bone turnover such as hypoparathyroidism and growth hormone deficiency.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rabbit Pig Mouse Rat Bovine
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human osteocalcin GST fusion protein.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P02818 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- BGLAP Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0008147 structural constituent of bone
- GO:0030282 bone mineralization
- GO:0030500 regulation of bone mineralization
- GO:0042476 odontogenesis
- GO:0045124 regulation of bone resorption
- GO:0045670 regulation of osteoclast differentiation
- GO:0046848 hydroxyapatite binding
- For research purposes only
Applications of Osteocalcin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)