Mucin 5AC antibody | 1-13M1
Mucins are high molecular weight glycoproteins found predominantly in the secretions of mucus membranes, protecting them from infection or chemical damage. Gastric Mucin 5AC antigen is found in columnar mucus cells of surface gastric epithelium and in goblet cells of the fetal and precancerous colon but not in normal colon. Resurgence of gastric mucin during colonic carcinogenesis is suggestive of either re-expression of the peptide core of gastric mucin in the adult colon or due to changes in the glycosylation pattern of mucin, which expose the hidden Mucin 5AC antigen. Mouse anti Human Mucin 5AC antibody, clone 1-13M1 has not been cross-adsorbed and may react with related peptides from other species.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A BALB/c mouse was immunized with mucin isolated from an ovarian cyst fluid (pure endocervical type according to the Fenoglio's classification).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
Applications of Mucin 5AC antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1|
|Western Blotting 2|
- 1This product requires protein digestion pre-treatment of paraffin sections e.g. trypsin or pronase.
- 2Clone 1-13M1 recognizes Mucin 5AC under non-reducing conditions.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Mucin 5AC antibody
Fang, C. et al. (2012) Resistin-like molecule-β is a human airway remodelling mediator.
Eur Respir J. 39 (2): 458-66.
Ramaglia L et al. (2015) Differentiation, apoptosis, and GM-CSF receptor expression of human gingival fibroblasts on a titanium surface treated by a dual acid-etched procedure.
Clin Oral Investig. Apr 17. [Epub ahead of print]
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra