Mucin 5AC antibody | 1-13M1
|Mouse anti Human Mucin 5AC antibody, clone 1-13M1 recognizes the peptide core of gastric mucin, also known as Mucin-5AC, Lewis B blood group antigen, Major airway glycoprotein or Tracheobronchial mucin.
Mucins are high molecular weight glycoproteins found predominantly in the secretions of mucus membranes, protecting them from infection or chemical damage. Gastric Mucin 5AC antigen is found in columnar mucus cells of surface gastric epithelium and in goblet cells of the fetal and precancerous colon but not in normal colon. Resurgence of gastric mucin during colonic carcinogenesis is suggestive of either re-expression of the peptide core of gastric mucin in the adult colon or due to changes in the glycosylation pattern of mucin, which expose the hidden Mucin 5AC antigen. Mouse anti Human Mucin 5AC antibody, clone 1-13M1 has not been cross-adsorbed and may react with related peptides from other species.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A BALB/c mouse was immunized with mucin isolated from an ovarian cyst fluid (pure endocervical type according to the Fenoglio's classification).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1|
|Western Blotting 2|
- 1This product requires protein digestion pre-treatment of paraffin sections e.g. trypsin or pronase.
- 2Clone 1-13M1 recognizes Mucin 5AC under non-reducing conditions.
References for Mucin 5AC antibody
Fang, C. et al. (2012) Resistin-like molecule-β is a human airway remodelling mediator.
Eur Respir J. 39 (2): 458-66.
Ramaglia L et al. (2015) Differentiation, apoptosis, and GM-CSF receptor expression of human gingival fibroblasts on a titanium surface treated by a dual acid-etched procedure.
Clin Oral Investig. Apr 17. [Epub ahead of print]
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up