MMP-2 antibody | C12-8A3
MMP-2 is largely expressed by connective and vascular tissues and cells due to its roles in extracellular matrix remodeling. It is synthesized as a pre-proenzyme before being processed to remove the signal peptide forming the 72 kDa pro-MMP-2. Pro-MMP-2 is then recruited to the cell surface where it undergoes autocatalytic cleavage to form the active 63 kDa form.
Like other MMP’s, MMP-2 plays a major role in tissue remodeling through the promotion of extracellular matrix (ECM) protein turnover. Specifically MMP-2 degrades the collagen proteins, type I, II, III, IV, V, VII, X, XI and gelatin. It is also able to target other ECM substrates including aggrecan, elastin, fibronectin and laminin (Cui et al. 2017). However a number of non-matrix proteins have been identified as targets of MMP-2, to regulate various physiological and pathophysiological processes including embryonic growth/development, angiogenesis, vascular diseases, inflammation, infective diseases and tumor progression. MMP-2 may also play a role in airway remodeling and may be responsible for the progressive decline of lung function in bronchial asthma (Kuwabara et al. 2018).
The purified Mouse anti Human MMP-2 antibody, clone C12-8A3 (MCA6256GA) can be used as a capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA with the biotinylated Mouse anti Human MMP-2 antibody, clone J08-3B10 (MCA6257B) as the detection antibody.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- E. coli derived recombinant human partial length of MMP-2 (Tyr110-Thr465)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Cell fusion between immunized BALB/c mouse spleen cells and mouse myeloma SP2/0
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0001525 angiogenesis
- GO:0004222 metalloendopeptidase activity
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0030574 collagen catabolic process
- For research purposes only
Applications of MMP-2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse anti Human MMP-2:Biotin||MCA6257B||E||0.1 mg|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra