MMP-1 antibody | 3B6
MMP-1 is one of the collagenases, capable of degrading collagens I, II and III, all main components of the interstitial stroma (Robichaud et al. 2011). MMP-1 is overexpressed in invasive melanoma, colorectal and esophageal cancers (Langenskiöld et al. 2013). MMP-1 has also been implicated in arthritis and may influence atherosclerotic lesion formation (Nikkari et al. 1995) . Additionally, MMP-1 has been implicated in the repair processes of the heart after myocardial infarction (Yarbrough et al. 2003).
Mouse anti Human MMP-1 has been used successfully for the detection of MMP-1 in gastric cancer by both Western blotting and immunohistochemistry (Murray et al. 1998).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Ovalbumin conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to a region within the C-terminus of human MMP-1.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the Ag8563 myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0004222 metalloendopeptidase activity
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0030574 collagen catabolic process
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0050900 leukocyte migration
- For research purposes only
Applications of MMP-1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Colon carcinoma
- Western Blotting
- MCA2733 detects a band of approximately 37kDa
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for MMP-1 antibody
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra