MMP-1 antibody | 3B6
Filter by Application:P Reset
|Mouse anti Human MMP-1 antibody, clone 3B6 recognizes human matrix metalloproteinase 1 (MMP-1), also known as interstitial or fibroblast collagenase, a 469 amino acid, in the pro-peptide form, zinc-dependent endopeptidase responsible for degrading the extracellular matrix. MMPs are also involved in cell proliferation, migration, differentiation and apoptosis (Chen et al. 2013). Most MMP’s are synthesised as inactive zymogens and a propeptide region must be cleaved off before the enzyme becomes active (Nagase et al. 1992). MMP expression is increased dramatically in a variety of cancer types, where it indicates invasive disease and a poor prognosis (Murray et al. 1996).
MMP-1 is one of the collagenases, capable of degrading collagens I, II and III, all main components of the interstitial stroma (Robichaud et al. 2011). MMP-1 is overexpressed in invasive melanoma, colorectal and esophageal cancers (Langenskiöld et al. 2013). MMP-1 has also been implicated in arthritis and may influence atherosclerotic lesion formation (Nikkari et al. 1995) . Additionally, MMP-1 has been implicated in the repair processes of the heart after myocardial infarction (Yarbrough et al. 2003).
Mouse anti Human MMP-1 has been used successfully for the detection of MMP-1 in gastric cancer by both Western blotting and immunohistochemistry (Murray et al. 1998).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Ovalbumin conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to a region within the C-terminus of human MMP-1.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the Ag8563 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Colon carcinoma
- Western Blotting
- MCA2733 detects a band of approximately 37kDa
- Interstitial Collagenase
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0004222 metalloendopeptidase activity
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0030574 collagen catabolic process
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0050900 leukocyte migration
- View More GO Terms
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up