MDM2 antibody | SMP14
MDM2 also acts to stimulate cell proliferation via its induction of transcription factors such as E2F1 and DPI.
MDM2 is over expressed in a range of human malignancies, including soft tissue sarcomas, breast cancer and bladder cancer.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Carrier Free
- Synthetic peptide, CSRPSTSSRRRAISE, corresponding to amino acids 154-167 of human MDM2.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse X63Ag8.653 myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
Applications of MDM2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/200||1/500|
|Immunohistology - Resin|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. EDTA pH8.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Breast Carcinoma
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for MDM2 antibody
Picksley, S.M. et al. (1994) Immunochemical analysis of the interaction of p53 with MDM2;--fine mapping of the MDM2 binding site on p53 using synthetic peptides.
Oncogene. 9 (9): 2523-9.
Martin, K. et al. (1995) Stimulation of E2F1/DP1 transcriptional activity by MDM2 oncoprotein.
Nature. 375 (6533): 691-4.
Gueven, N. et al. (2006) Defective p53 response and apoptosis associated with an ataxia-telangiectasia-like phenotype.
Cancer Res. 66: 2907-12.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra