Mouse anti Human MAdCAM-1 antibody, clone 17F5
recognizes human mucosal addressin cell adhesion molecule 1 (MAdCAM-1) a ~60 kDa transmembrane protein that belongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily. MAdCAM-1 is strongly expressed on mucosal lymphoid tissue and high endothelial venules of Peyer's patches. Human MAdCAM-1 interacts with the beta 7 integrin LPAM-1 (alpha4beta7), CD62L, and VLA-4 (alpha4beta1) and is involved in lymphocyte trafficking, Clone 17F5 recognizes the mucin domain of MAdCAM-1. This antibody does not block the function of MAdCAM-1 (Leung, E. et al. 2004
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant soluble MAdCAM-1-fc fusion protein.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse P3X63Ag8.653 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to membrane
regulation of immune response
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of MAdCAM-1 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
|Western Blotting 1
- 1 Clone 17F5 recognizes human MAdCAM-1 under non-reducing conditions.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100ul.
- This product does not require protein digestion prior to staining. This product does not require HIER prior to staining.
- Western Blotting
- MCA2321 detects a band of approximately 60kDa.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
Product Specific References
References for MAdCAM-1 antibody
Leung, E. et al. (1996) Cloning of the mucosal addressin MAdCAM-1 from human brain: identification of novel alternatively spliced transcripts.
Immunol Cell Biol. 74 (6): 490-6.
Leung, E. et al. (2004) Bioassay detects soluble MAdCAM-1 in body fluids.
Immunol Cell Biol. 82 (4): 400-9.
Al-Mohammed Salem, K.T. et al. (2012) Adhesion Molecules and the Cellular Population of the Normal Camel (Camelus dromedaries) Mammary Glands
The Open Veterinary Science Journal. 6 (1): 15-22.
Guerra-Pérez N et al. (2015) Retinoic acid imprints a mucosal-like phenotype on dendritic cells with an increased ability to fuel HIV-1 infection.
J Immunol. 194 (5): 2415-23.
Loiseau, C. et al. (2016) CCR6(-) regulatory T cells blunt the restoration of gut Th17 cells along the CCR6-CCL20 axis in treated HIV-1-infected individuals.
Mucosal Immunol. 9 (5): 1137-50.