Mouse anti Human MAdCAM-1 antibody, clone 17F5
recognizes human mucosal addressin cell adhesion molecule 1 (MAdCAM-1) a ~60 kDa transmembrane protein that belongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily. MAdCAM-1 is strongly expressed on mucosal lymphoid tissue and high endothelial venules of Peyer's patches. Human MAdCAM-1 interacts with the beta 7 integrin LPAM-1 (alpha4beta7), CD62L, and VLA-4 (alpha4beta1) and is involved in lymphocyte trafficking, Mouse anti Human MAdCAM-1 antibody, clone 17F5 recognizes the mucin domain of MAdCAM-1. This antibody does not block the function of MAdCAM-1 (Leung, E. et al. 2004
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant soluble MAdCAM-1-fc fusion protein.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse P3X63Ag8.653 myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to membrane
regulation of immune response
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of MAdCAM-1 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
|Western Blotting 1
- 1 Clone 17F5 recognizes human MAdCAM-1 under non-reducing conditions.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100ul.
- This product does not require protein digestion prior to staining. This product does not require HIER prior to staining.
- Western Blotting
- MCA2321 detects a band of approximately 60kDa.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
Product Specific References
References for MAdCAM-1 antibody
Leung, E. et al. (1996) Cloning of the mucosal addressin MAdCAM-1 from human brain: identification of novel alternatively spliced transcripts.
Immunol Cell Biol. 74 (6): 490-6.
Leung, E. et al. (2004) Bioassay detects soluble MAdCAM-1 in body fluids.
Immunol Cell Biol. 82 (4): 400-9.
Al-Mohammed Salem, K.T. et al. (2012) Adhesion Molecules and the Cellular Population of the Normal Camel (Camelus dromedaries) Mammary Glands
The Open Veterinary Science Journal. 6 (1): 15-22.
Guerra-Pérez N et al. (2015) Retinoic acid imprints a mucosal-like phenotype on dendritic cells with an increased ability to fuel HIV-1 infection.
J Immunol. 194 (5): 2415-23.
Loiseau, C. et al. (2016) CCR6(-) regulatory T cells blunt the restoration of gut Th17 cells along the CCR6-CCL20 axis in treated HIV-1-infected individuals.
Mucosal Immunol. 9 (5): 1137-50.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra