Integrin Alpha 7 antibody | 8G2
Mouse anti Human Integrin alpha 7 antibody, clone 8G2 recognizes human integrin alpha 7. Integrin alpha 7 is a 1148 amino acid ~130 kDa type 1 single pass transmembrane glycoprotein. Integrin alpha 7 is the primary receptor for laminin in myoblasts and myofibres (Ziober et al. 2015). Mutations in the ITGA7 gene can lead to the development of a form of congenital muscular dystrophy (MDCI) presenting at or near birth with hypotonia, muscle weakness and commonly, joint contractures (Hyashi et al. 1998).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Recombinant protein corresponding to aa 478 - 578 of human intefrin alpha 7
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Ig concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from BALB/c mice were fused with cells from the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Q13683 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- ITGA7 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0004872 receptor activity
- GO:0008305 integrin complex
- GO:0007160 cell-matrix adhesion
- GO:0007229 integrin-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0007517 muscle organ development
- GO:0008360 regulation of cell shape
- For research purposes only
Applications of Integrin Alpha 7 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Western Blotting||0.1||10 ug/ml|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Integrin Alpha 7 antibody
Vinnik, A. et al. (2013) Compounds for the treatment and prevention of retroviral infections
Patent application Number PCT/US2013/061940