Insulin antibody | 7F8 (E6E5)
Mouse anti Human Insulin antibody, clone 7F8 (E6E5) recognizes insulin, a major metabolic hormone produced by B cells of the pancreas.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Bovine Pig
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Human insulin.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P01308 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- INS Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000165 MAPKKK cascade
- GO:0002674 negative regulation of acute inflammatory response
- GO:0006953 acute-phase response
- GO:0005158 insulin receptor binding
- GO:0005159 insulin-like growth factor receptor binding
- GO:0005179 hormone activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005788 endoplasmic reticulum lumen
- GO:0006006 glucose metabolic process
- GO:0006112 energy reserve metabolic process
- GO:0006521 regulation of cellular amino acid metabolic process
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0050796 regulation of insulin secretion
- GO:0008284 positive regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0008286 insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0008543 fibroblast growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0045909 positive regulation of vasodilation
- GO:0014068 positive regulation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase cascade
- GO:0015758 glucose transport
- GO:0046326 positive regulation of glucose import
- GO:0046889 positive regulation of lipid biosynthetic process
- GO:0022898 regulation of transmembrane transporter activity
- GO:0030307 positive regulation of cell growth
- GO:0030335 positive regulation of cell migration
- GO:0031018 endocrine pancreas development
- GO:0031904 endosome lumen
- GO:0031954 positive regulation of protein autophosphorylation
- GO:0032148 activation of protein kinase B activity
- GO:0032583 regulation of gene-specific transcription
- GO:0033861 negative regulation of NAD(P)H oxidase activity
- GO:0042060 wound healing
- GO:0042177 negative regulation of protein catabolic process
- GO:0042593 glucose homeostasis
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0043410 positive regulation of MAPKKK cascade
- GO:0045429 positive regulation of nitric oxide biosynthetic process
- GO:0045597 positive regulation of cell differentiation
- GO:0045721 negative regulation of gluconeogenesis
- GO:0045725 positive regulation of glycogen biosynthetic process
- GO:0045740 positive regulation of DNA replication
- GO:0045818 negative regulation of glycogen catabolic process
- GO:0045821 positive regulation of glycolysis
- GO:0045840 positive regulation of mitosis
- GO:0045861 negative regulation of proteolysis
- GO:0045908 negative regulation of vasodilation
- GO:0045922 negative regulation of fatty acid metabolic process
- GO:0046628 positive regulation of insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0046631 alpha-beta T cell activation
- GO:0050709 negative regulation of protein secretion
- GO:0050715 positive regulation of cytokine secretion
- GO:0050731 positive regulation of peptidyl-tyrosine phosphorylation
- GO:0050995 negative regulation of lipid catabolic process
- GO:0051000 positive regulation of nitric-oxide synthase activity
- GO:0051092 positive regulation of NF-kappaB transcription factor activity
- GO:0051897 positive regulation of protein kinase B signaling cascade
- GO:0055089 fatty acid homeostasis
- GO:0060266 negative regulation of respiratory burst involved in inflammatory response
- GO:0060267 positive regulation of respiratory burst
- For research purposes only
Applications of Insulin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Insulin antibody
Oran, P.E. et al. (2011) Mass spectrometric immunoassay of intact insulin and related variants for population proteomics studies.
Proteomics Clin Appl. 5: 454-9.
Sienkiewicz, W.et al. (2000) Has active immunization against gonadotrophin-releasing hormone any effect on testis innervation in the pig? An immunohistochemical study.
Anat Histol Embryol. 29 (4): 247-54.
Pillon, N.J. et al. (2015) Palmitate-induced inflammatory pathways in human adipose microvascular endothelial cells promote monocyte adhesion and impair insulin transcytosis.
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 309 (1): E35-44.