Mouse anti hCG antibody, clone INN-hCG-5 recognizes an epitope on the alpha subunits of all human glycoprotein hormones. Indirect Immunofluorescence analysis on paraffin sections of human pituitaries reveals clear staining of glycoprotein hormone producing cells. Reacts with human LH, FSH, TSH, and hCG.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by ammonium salt precipitation from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 4 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells of BALB/c mice fused with the mouse myeloma cell line P3 - NS1 - Ag4.1.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
peptide hormone processing
hormone biosynthetic process
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of hCG antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for hCG antibody
Kofler, R. et al. (1982) Monoclonal antibodies against human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG): I. production, specificity, and intramolecular binding sites.
Am J Reprod Immunol. 2 (4): 212-6.
Schwarz, S. et al. (1984) Molecular mapping of the immunological surface of the hCG molecule by monoclonal antibodies.
Fresenius Z Anal Chem. 317: 727.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra