hCG antibody | INN-hCG-2
Chorionic gonadotrophin is a member of the glycoprotein hormone family that is synthesized by the placenta throughout pregnancy. The glycoprotein hormone family has 4 members, the other three being luteinising hormone (LH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH). All consist of two subunits, alpha and beta. The alpha subunit is highly homologous between family members.
Mouse anti hCG antibody, clone INN-hCG-2 is reactive with hCG, hCGbeta, hCGbetacf (fragment), hCGn (nicked), hCGbetan, and CTP-hCG. No cross reaction is observed with hLH, hLHbeta, hFSH, hTSH, or the glycoprotein hormone alpha chains.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Carrier Free
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Ig concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from an immunised BALB/c mouse were fused with the mouse P3-NS1/1 - Ag 4.1 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC. DO NOT FREEZE.
This product should be stored undiluted. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
Applications of hCG antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for hCG antibody
Kofler, R. et al. (1982) Monoclonal antibodies against human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG): I. production, specificity, and intramolecular binding sites.
Am J Reprod Immunol. 2 (4): 212-6.
Berger, P. et al. (1993) Variants of human chorionic gonadotropin from pregnant women and tumor patients recognized by monoclonal antibodies.
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 77 (2): 347-51.
Zimmermann, G. et al. (2009) Zimmermann G, Ackermann W, Alexander H. Epithelial human chorionic
Epithelial human chorionic gonadotropin is expressed and produced in human secretory endometrium during the
normal menstrual cycle. Biol Reprod. 2009 May;80(5):1053-65. Epub 2009 Jan 21.
PubMed PMID: 19164178.
Biol Reprod. 80:1053-65.
Zimmermann, G. et al. (2003) Expression of beta hCG and alpha CG mRNA and hCG hormone in human decidual tissue in patients during tubal pregnancy.
Mol Hum Reprod. 9: 81-9.
Charrel-Dennis, M. et al. (2005) The human chorionic gonadotropin-beta arginine68 to glutamic acid substitution fixes the conformation of the C-terminal peptide.
Mol Endocrinol. 19: 1803-11.
Schwalenberg, T. et al. (2012) Enhanced urothelial expression of human chorionic gonadotropin beta (hCGβ) in bladder pain syndrome/interstitial cystitis (BPS/IC).
World J Urol. 30 (3): 411-7.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra